Gas Powered Bike Group Ride - June 19 - Cross Country Powersports

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am snafu. Somewhere in the last couple weeks a float stuck or the petcock failed, washed down a cylinder and filled the crank with fuel. By the time I'd put it all together I had tried to start it. May have been a lost cause anyway but runs on three (it is not a Triumph) and burns oil pretty bad after multiple oil changes, plugs, etc. I have to do a compression test to see what my options are but I'm certainly not making Sunday. Poops.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I am snafu. Somewhere in the last couple weeks a float stuck or the petcock failed, washed down a cylinder and filled the crank with fuel. By the time I'd put it all together I had tried to start it. May have been a lost cause anyway but runs on three (it is not a Triumph) and burns oil pretty bad after multiple oil changes, plugs, etc. I have to do a compression test to see what my options are but I'm certainly not making Sunday. Poops.
Damn that is not good. That sucks to hear. Sounds like a carb issue if not just the petcock if the others didn’t flood with fuel. What a PITA. Sorry man.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Damn that is not good. That sucks to hear. Sounds like a carb issue if not just the petcock if the others didn’t flood with fuel. What a PITA. Sorry man.
Thanks. It's a "always on" petcock so definitely at least a carb issue, plus maybe internal issues. Sigh.

walter

Fourth Party
My neighbor is coming too so we got that going for us, which is nice.
And just like that I'm a definite maybe now. Got word this morning that the sugar water factory is forcing mandatory overtime tomorrow, which means the things I had planned to do tomorrow will have to get bumped to Sunday. Ill keep yas posted.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
And just like that I'm a definite maybe now. Got word this morning that the sugar water factory is forcing mandatory overtime tomorrow, which means the things I had planned to do tomorrow will have to get bumped to Sunday. Ill keep yas posted.
Sounds good - let me know

Top Bottom