Gas Powered Bike Group Ride - June 19 - Cross Country Powersports

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Planning the next route. Looks like more people are down closer to Princeton (?) so I’m going to start there this time. Start a little earlier and do a loop heading north and west and come back down. After Memorial Day I’ll throw out a couple dates.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
You guys went thru my local covered bridge - didya go down lower creek road after that? That's my scenic bike route
We didn’t, we just shot straight through to Stockton on the county road. I had that road on the initial route but was worried it would either be bombed out or have some gravel. Take a look at oleg’s Ducati picture up close, those clutch plates were out in the open, so gravel could have caused a disaster!

rick81721

Lothar
We didn’t, we just shot straight through to Stockton on the county road. I had that road on the initial route but was worried it would either be bombed out or have some gravel. Take a look at oleg’s Ducati picture up close, those clutch plates were out in the open, so gravel could have caused a disaster!

No gravel on that road but there are some potholes. I saw a club of old model T era cars puttering up it last summer as I was heading to Stockton

olegbabich

Take a look at oleg’s Ducati picture up close, those clutch plates were out in the open, so gravel could have caused a disaster!

It is not the Open Clutch but Open Cam Belts that I am concern with. Jump timing by a couple of teeth and it is a Broken Duc.

I am ready for a gravel road on our next ride.

Last edited:

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Tossing out the latest ride date:
June 20, 10 am KSU. Meeting place: Princeton NJ, visitor parking lot for the Princeton Theological Seminary Library... or here:

Visitor Parking

Proposed route:
Start in Princeton, to Hopewell to Lambertville and cross into PA via New Hope, cross back over in Frenchtown, end in Hopewell for some eats and go our separate ways from there. Post up you can make it.

9822D735-1801-4892-B51B-0BEF0C4C441B.jpeg

tagging the usual suspects:
@walter @olegbabich @grilledcheeseking @the schwartz @extremedave @Danimal @THATmanMANNY @Glenlivet12

walter

Fourth Party
This is Fathers Day and we usually spend the day with my wifes family. Me, her brother, her brother in law and father cook, eat and drink pretty much all day and let the wives and kids tell us how awesome we are 🙄.
The following Sunday is my daughters graduation party, so that doesn't work either for me. Booooo.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Bunch of Roadies....
Crap thanks for reminding me.

Since there is not too much interest in the Father’s Day date, I’m changing it up. Gonna be a slump chicken and bum off an existing event.

Saturday June 19th Cross Country Powersports has a coffee and bikes event. I’m gonna ride there, snag a donut (or three) and a coffee, stare at bikes I shouldn’t buy (like the Triumph Tiger) and ride home. If anyone wants to join up and either meet at the shop or meet somewhere and ride as a group to the shop lemme know. There’s a potential for a group ride from the shop too. Im heading out earlier to avoid the heat.

Here’s the Cross Country event:

I’m coming from Hillsborough and could meet up anywhere from Princeton to Bridgewater.

michvin

I'm in North Jersey and to get to CCP is all garden state parkway for me, which I don't like to do on a moto. That said - I'd gladly join a group if you will ride north..

Top Bottom