Garmin or Wahoo???

Tony13

So which one is better? Which one is better suited for a straight up trail rider? What do you like about yours and what do you dislike. I've never ridden with one ... ever. But I can kind of see the advantage.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Screenshot_20220102-171928_Chrome.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
winter rider with gloves??
don't get a touchscreen (some garmins)
same if all-weather rider.

like to follow courses? or just see stats?
garmin map features are better.

i'm running an old Elemnt - and it serves the purpose (holds things down on my desk most times)

also, would the convenience of a watch be something you'd like? hikes and runs?

lots of + and -

good luck!

Tony13

Thanks guys. Like I said , I have zero experience with these things and was looking for some opinions before I dropped a couple of hundred bucks on something and then realize I made the wrong decision.

Hey Paul, if everyone used the search engine instead of asking questions, forums would be a dead thing , used as a FAQ data base. Every thread with the exception of the original 20 could have been referred back to the search.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks guys. Like I said , I have zero experience with these things and was looking for some opinions before I dropped a couple of hundred bucks on something and then realize I made the wrong decision.

Hey Paul, if everyone used the search engine instead of asking questions, forums would be a dead thing , used as a FAQ data base. Every thread with the exception of the original 20 could have been referred back to the search.
Not really. You could have pulled up the old thread, read it and then posted looking for updated information since the prior discussion since there may be new long term opinions or new products could be out from them or someone would point out other company options such as Karoo.

goodvibe

winter rider with gloves??
don't get a touchscreen (some garmins)
same if all-weather rider.

like to follow courses? or just see stats?
garmin map features are better.

i'm running an old Elemnt - and it serves the purpose (holds things down on my desk most times)

also, would the convenience of a watch be something you'd like? hikes and runs?

lots of + and -

good luck!
I have a touchscreen Garmin and it works fine as long as you have the correct gloves. I have never had an issue with gloves with the Garmin 1030 plus or the 830.

I am a big fan of Garmin. They have always been awesome with Warranty issues and replacements. Since I have a few devices, they have replaced devices even after they were out of warranty.

Bikeworks

Wahoo ecosystem is awesome, and there are tons of custom page/sensor options. That said, they don't have the cool Jump rating feature that Garmin does.

one piece crank

Do Garmin purchases still make you feel like you just bought something from 1997? For reference, I do blind Nav and just collect ride data on my phone, stashed in my frame bag.

Top Bottom