Garmin has been hacked

Did they pay the ransom?

The rumor is that the hackers are Russian and US companies are not allowed to pay these Russians because of sanctions (WTF). So they allegedly went through a 3rd party and indirectly paid the ransom. I’ll see if I can find the link where I saw this just to prove I’m not making this shit up.

The rumor is that the hackers are Russian and US companies are not allowed to pay these Russians because of sanctions (WTF). So they allegedly went through a 3rd party and indirectly paid the ransom. I’ll see if I can find the link where I saw this just to prove I’m not making this shit up.
Isn’t Garmin a German Company?

As anybody else wondered why this thread is in the ‘blog’ section of the forum? It’s seriously messing with my OCD.

Too bad there is doesn't seem possible to read that Garmin story without accepting the "Privacy and cookie notice" which could be Sky ransomware.

Here you go. No idea about the credibility of this site either. If you do some googling, the story is out there in other places as well

Sections are meaningless. Cool people browse by 'new'.
I don’t know anybody called ‘People’ nor I care to know him/her. As a matter of fact I never liked People...also, being correctly categorized would not prevent it from showing in the new posts window.

I only launch Garmin connect about once a week, maybe every other week just to upload the activity from the fenix watch... sleep, RHR, Steps...that kinda thing. Yesterday.... I got the “maintenance” Banner at the top.... whatever. The interesting thing was that I happen to go for a short Mixed surfaces ride so I used my 830. I stopped it when I got home but didn’t turn it off right away....and the ride Automatically uploaded to Strava w/out issues (Via WiFi).

I only launch Garmin connect about once a week, maybe every other week just to upload the activity from the fenix watch... sleep, RHR, Steps...that kinda thing. Yesterday.... I got the “maintenance” Banner at the top.... whatever. The interesting thing was that I happen to go for a short Mixed surfaces ride so I used my 830. I stopped it when I got home but didn’t turn it off right away....and the ride Automatically uploaded to Strava w/out issues (Via WiFi).

Yeah i think the "maintenance notice" is just something they stuck into the Phone app during the outage period because the last few days its been working to sync up properly for me as well as others despite the message.

My devices are BT only so I have to sync to the phone in order to get into GC and then into Strava. That being said i still have the laptop with the data wire connected on standby in case someone hacks them again and asks for 10.1Mil dollars.

My ride didn't sync last night, I had to plug my Garmin in and upload to Strava manually still. Not really a big deal though.

Back
Top Bottom