Garmin Forerunner 405

ellbiddy

So I'm sure like most of us, I'm big on a couple of sports besides cycling including running, skiing, and hiking and I love gadgets of all sorts that help me keep track of said sports. So I was debating getting the 305 vs the 405 and finally went for the 405. First warning, don't buy the bundle as it's cheaper to buy the HRM and watch on their own with amazon as the 305 HRM works with the FR 405.

Out of the box it took me all of 10 minutes to figure the watch out without any of those cumbersome instructions. It found satellites quickly so I just went ahead and let it charge and took it out for a run. It worked awesome, the HRM sat well without any slippage and the data seemed accurate. My one complaint was that even after pausing my run motionbased interpolated that time passed into my overall pace. But that's the sites fault not the units. The touch bezel is super easy to use and it works great for riding as well as well as running. I gave myself a quick "duathlon" scenario and used the lap function to mark off transitions and it worked well to give me all the data I wanted per segment. I'd really recommend this watch for anyone who does a couple sports. The battery life isn't great for those people who do like 7+ hour rides, but that sure as hell ain't me ;). I'm taking it on a "quick" 26 mile ride around town to see how well it handles long distances in terms of accuracy hopefully it'll be as good as it was so far :)

If you're on the fence...go for it. It's a good looking and relatively small (on 6'2" frame) sized gps wrist top great for running, cycling, skiing, and hiking (but no swimming!)

ellbiddy

One annoyance I found was that if you have longer arms and ride with your wrists bent anywhere from 45-90 degrees and wear the watch low like I do you could accidentally press the start/stop button, but this is easy to avoid by just wearing it a little higher on your arm once you're aware.

ellbiddy

Annnnd someone took mine from the trails, if you found a Garmin Forerunner 405 by the canal lot let me know heh ;)

ellbiddy

So I bought a new one because it's awesome....I abused it a little more than I should have and the strap broke. Called garmin, gave me an RMA number, 1 week later I have a brand new 405 charging on my desk. So not only is it an awesome product, but the service was pretty sweet too.

Top Bottom