Garmin Edge 800 for Parts

onetracker

I have a working Garmin Edge 800 that works but the touch screen is totally shot. Anyone have a non working unit that I could use for parts?

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Have you tried chatting with them online? I did re: my 800 a while back, and they sent me a RA# and refurbed it; no receipt or hassle.

onetracker

Have you tried chatting with them online? I did re: my 800 a while back, and they sent me a RA# and refurbed it; no receipt or hassle.
Hmm…I called them a month or so ago and the best they offered me was 20% off the MSRP of a new unit. I could buy a new device from my LBS for less than that. Did you use any magic tricks or language?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saw that, coming from China, seems like dubious quality.

i did the screen on my 1000 several times, they worked fine, may have been a touch more fragile than a garmin official screen but otherwise it was fine.

Well it's not made in the USA.

i dont think the garmin OEM screens are either, but maybe thats the point you were trying to make.

Hmm…I called them a month or so ago and the best they offered me was 20% off the MSRP of a new unit. I could buy a new device from my LBS for less than that. Did you use any magic tricks or language?
pretty sure the 800 is out of production so you likely wont get a refurb from them,the in production units have more options

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I think the chat avoids a lot of back and forth. I just described the issue, the rep walked me through a few resets, determined it was not user-fixable, and issued the RA. I was just on the hook to get it to them.

onetracker

I think the chat avoids a lot of back and forth. I just described the issue, the rep walked me through a few resets, determined it was not user-fixable, and issued the RA. I was just on the hook to get it to them.
OK. I will give it a shot. Thx.

Top Bottom