Garmin Bike Computer

NJsinglespeedtrek

It's my Birthday!
Any recommendations for a bike computer?

I suppose the problem trying to be solved is mapping & directions (not getting lost in the woods). It would be great to also upload / design a predefined route.

I think I’m over pulling out my phone every time I’m riding a new section and just want something sitting on the bars (always on or reliable touch screen on) that will tell me where I am and where to go.

Any thoughts on this one or are there better options? There is no budget, but not looking for all sorts of analytical features so top end devices are probably not necessary.

This one I’m sure is overkill, but maybe not? I just don’t know the market and not sure what I’ll really need or want when I finally get the thing out there.

My rides are never more than a few hours so battery life is not a priority I don’t think.
I use 1030plus and it's awesome

trener1

I had the 830, recently picked up the 1030, basically the same unit more or less, like others have already said, turn by turn navigation works great for road and gravel, for mountain biking it's a bit hit or miss depending on the trail network, but it does have all of the trailforks maps built in so you can see where you are on the trails. BTW if you are still looking there is a place that has the 530 refurb for $149. pm me and I can send you the link.

iLuveketchup

I'm looking to get a Garmin, a simple one like the 530. Do they have specific models for region - i.e. APAC, EMEA, Americas? I plan to bike pack out of country and would like to use GPS other than my phone.

Top Bottom