Garmin 800, every park in NJ map overlay. You need this!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My five year old 705 finally died for good last night. I just picked up a refurb 800 on amazon and will join the cool kid club on Saturday.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is there a master list of what parks are included? Assuming it's missing, I can provide GPX files for the singletrack trails at High Mountain if @rlb or someone else wants to make a map. The crappy fireroads show up in google maps already so I assume someone put them in open street maps.

gtluke

The Moped
Is there a master list of what parks are included? Assuming it's missing, I can provide GPX files for the singletrack trails at High Mountain if @rlb or someone else wants to make a map. The crappy fireroads show up in google maps already so I assume someone put them in open street maps.

No, I guess I can make a list, but it's basically every park in NJ that has a map, plus blue mountain.

rlb

Looks like this is from OSM. If there's more to it, send me the files you have and I'll slap them together. Is stuff blazed out there? I've never been, so I have no reference for trail names etc.

http://highbridge.org/government/environmental-commission/youth-initiatives/nassau-trail/

HiSpeed48

This is great! Thank you gtluke.

I bought a new 810 because of this thread. Can't wait to start exploring some new parks now.

avc8130

Is this "open source" somehow? I downloaded the file and I don't see the 2 places I hit most often overlaid yet (Kitattinny/Mahlon Dickerson). I'm more than willing to do the work, but I'd like to share it back with the community somehow.

ac

SpartaBard

Is this "open source" somehow? I downloaded the file and I don't see the 2 places I hit most often overlaid yet (Kitattinny/Mahlon Dickerson). I'm more than willing to do the work, but I'd like to share it back with the community somehow.

ac

Those two park maps are definitely in the file. You may need to have the file selected on your device, or change the order of the layers.

gtluke

The Moped

ac

Yeah they are in there. And yeah it's open. That kml file is the entire source i use. I just modify it.
Like bard said make sure you have the maps turned on and zoom in and out and it should appear.

avc8130

Ok, I need to look again. I haven't dropped it to my device yet, just opened it super quick in Google Earth.

ac

Top Bottom