Garmin 530

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Anyone else find the Incident Detection alarm annoying. Had 2 false alarms on my ride last weekend.
But thinking better to be annoyed than possibly dead...
The group I ride with on the road, everyone of them has it. When a car approaches there are 7 garmins beeping. So yes, annoying.

RSAmerica

Yeah... I saw it was an item on the fix list but unless I am reading this wrong or missed something, they really don't improve the feature?
I thought I read or heard somewhere that it goes off when there is a sudden stop.
  • Changed the Incident Detection setting to be set for each activity profile, and defaulted the setting to OFF for Mountain and E-Mountain profiles where false positives can be more likely due to terrain and riding style.
  • Fixed an issue where Incident Detection could get re-enabled if the user has emergency contacts listed in Garmin Connect.
  • Fixed an issue where prompts could appear over the Incident Detection alert, so it could not be acknowledged by the user.
No problems with “OFF”.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
The group I ride with on the road, everyone of them has it. When a car approaches there are 7 garmins beeping. So yes, annoying.
Did yours go off too?
In that case, I would want mine to go off too.... don't wanna feel left out.... :)

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It is fun riding up on people that I know have it and making their sensor keep going off. TAKE THAT.

Are thos varia setups sensitive enough to pick up other cyclists? I havent been able to get confirmation on that

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Are thos varia setups sensitive enough to pick up other cyclists? I havent been able to get confirmation on that
Yes, but not always. You can tell when you are setting it off because the flasher starts to go ballistic. The flashers on those are crazy bright also. It seems to work better if you swerve back and forth behind them o_O.

So when you are riding in a group / pace line, the damn things are basically always beeping.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So when you are riding in a group / pace line, the damn things are basically always beeping.

this is exactly the situation i was thinking of, thanks for the confirmation, ill probably pass on getting one since thats the case.

RSAmerica

Well the 4.10 software is the usual Garmin update. Fixes some stuff and F-up other stuff. Garmin use us as their software QC team. Only took 6 months to a year for Garmin to stabilize the 520 software.

Mare

Got my 530 today.
Garmin Connect... check
Strava.... check
Trailforks.... check

Anything else I should do? Ride with GPS?
Can i get a trailforks lesson? I uploaded a .fit file from ridewithgps to follow a route on the road and it works great -- easy to follow.
Uploaded a file for an mtb course and it was impossible. Someone told me to remove Garmin maps and upload trailforks. Is this correct?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Can i get a trailforks lesson? I uploaded a .fit file from ridewithgps to follow a route on the road and it works great -- easy to follow.
Uploaded a file for an mtb course and it was impossible. Someone told me to remove Garmin maps and upload trailforks. Is this correct?
I haven't gotten up to that pt or felt the need.
Been a roadie the last couple of rides.... o_O

However, I have been uploading routes from previous MTBNJ group rides from Strava.

Mare

I haven't gotten up to that pt or felt the need.
Been a roadie the last couple of rides.... o_O

However, I have been uploading routes from previous MTBNJ group rides from Strava.
When you get to that point, can you give me a lesson? :) Or can someone else? I tried googling to find answers, but I really have less patience these days (or less brain power to figure things out).

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Of course not :) I will explore a bit. Thanks!
If I remember correctly... when I downloaded Garmin Express on my computer and connected the 530, it downloaded and sync'ed a rather big maps update and I think it included trailforks.

Top Bottom