Garmin 305 first upload

J-Dro

Awesome, another victim to steal routes from. :D

Ummm, how about something more local next time?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
he probably rode there and back......

enjoy kris. it's nice having all that info in one piece of equiptment.

edit: changed chris to kris. every friggen time. i suck.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What the hell were you doing riding up in Massachusetts? I didn't even realize that's where it was the first time I looked at the map.

ArmyOfNone

Instead of creating a new thread, i figured id post this up here. First ride with the gps. River road on the way out sucked. Crazy strong headwind. I was able to fly on the way back.

Some how the thing stopped recording and it missed about an hour of the ride. Thats what the big line in the middle is. It missed me making a left off main street onto e. union ave and then up to chimney rock road. I realized it was stop at the end of CR road much to my displeasure.

Its a fun loop with some good climbing. I dont think ill post these up every ride, but i think ill keep em in the diary on my pc.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
you might have accidentally hit start/stop. i did that once or twice and didn't realize it till after the ride. it can also occasionally cut out due to military installations i've found. especially by the big picattiny tower.

ArmyOfNone

i must have done that. No idea how. but i still got most of the data. I love it tho! im gettin yelled at for sittin here to long examining all of this

J-Dro

I
Some how the thing stopped recording and it missed about an hour of the ride. Thats what the big line in the middle is. It missed me making a left off main street onto e. union ave and then up to chimney rock road. I realized it was stop at the end of CR road much to my displeasure.

I did the same thing at LM the other day. I was playing with the display, switched over to map mode for a minute and somehow I paused it. No biggie, part of the learning curve. This thing is freakin addicting.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i drove down schooley's mt. this weekend and while i'm not sure about 60, 50 is a possibility on a standard three ring front.

ryderX

Didn't even notice the 67.5 MPH. It's wrong, my computer on the bike registered 52.3 MPH, still pretty freakin' fast and scary as s***. It was a pretty awesome ride, my riding partner works at Cycle Craft in Long Valley so I rode with him to work and then turned around and went back the same way. I think the hardest climb was RT 46 West up and over into Great Meadows, it felt like a 20 mph head wind.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Didn't even notice the 67.5 MPH. It's wrong, my computer on the bike registered 52.3 MPH, still pretty freakin' fast and scary as s***. It was a pretty awesome ride, my riding partner works at Cycle Craft in Long Valley so I rode with him to work and then turned around and went back the same way. I think the hardest climb was RT 46 West up and over into Great Meadows, it felt like a 20 mph head wind.

That's a nice ride. 52.3 is too goddamn fast for my blood. I got going up to about 44 the other day and was coming down a hill approaching a traffic light. I said to myself, "If that car there decides to turn on red, or if someone inches out by mistake, I'm a dead man." I hit the brakes.

Top Bottom