Garden State Fondo ( Gran Fondo of NJ )

Liberace

Back in 2015, our family moved from Morristown down to the DC area. A number of riders I met in that first year in DC raved about the event and commented how wonderful the routes were from Morristown. They couldn’t believe NJ had such good riding and how much they liked Morristown.

I know COVID prevented the event for a couple of years, but am curious if anyone knows the status of the event. It seems like it may not be taking place in 2022 since the website is down.

Anyone have insider info on the future of the event?

Attachments

• 5ACC42C9-2649-44FF-8BE4-4F014479FD31.jpeg
    5ACC42C9-2649-44FF-8BE4-4F014479FD31.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 58
Switch to the Sourlands Spectacular.
Or the Revolutionary Ramble

Switch to the Sourlands Spectacular.
Or the Revolutionary Ramble
In reality the NJ Grand Fondo has crappy roads at the end coming back into Morristown as it ended on Speedwell and ends with hills and traffic laden roads. And then you eat burgers in the blazing sun.

Revolutionary Ramble I found to be way better as they stagger the starts so you aren't ending the ride way before the lunch if you're on the shorter rides, plus the food is inside in the air conditioned cafeteria with more food choices.

Definitely more casual feeling as those Gran Fondo events try to make it a huge event.

Anyone have premium Linkin? If so you can message this guy.

I found Bill Ruddick which states he's the director of the gran Fondo NJ.

They straight up stole that money from everyone. Surprised no one cancelled them.

They do appear to need some cancelling. Or severe counseling, more like.

Does Martys still have anything to do with this ride, or did they walk away from it already?

Anyone have premium Linkin? If so you can message this guy.

I found Bill Ruddick which states he's the director of the gran Fondo NJ.

In the fine print, you'll find that if the event is cancelled, they don't need to refund your money.
What portion should they refund? the $20 profit, or all of the donation money?
Lots of sunken costs + time.

That is what event insurance for the purchaser is for.
Perhaps we should start having the promoter purchase this insurance? adding $20 to the cost of everything?

I also heard (not sure if it was true) that they were trying to make this event more like the TD 5 boro ride but that fell through (obviously)

Back
Top Bottom