This is NOT the greatest blog in the world, no. This is just a tribute!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
thinking power line clearings? Just a quick look, seems I could cut much of the roads out

through Healthquest, and into the bottom of deerpath park (use bridge over river on 31) - the trails go across the road at the YMCA into round mountain park,
then the farm across the street puts you on dreahook - there is access into the park from there well before the back gate - you can
see the house from the trail. There is also a small park that hasn't gotten any love from the locals - might be able to build a trail from there into the park
(not that we would do that)

might be faster to climb 523 from there, to deerpath/woodschurch rd
maybe use rockafellasmills road (something like that)

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you definitely need two pairs of shoes, or to buy a pair of pedals that use the same cleats for the other bike, either way swapping cleats is dumb (i have two sets of pedals that use the same cleats for myself ;) )

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
they are supposedly compatible with look keo pedals/cleats, but in reality they are an xpedo design (or so i read somewhere)

i bought these and they work flawlessly with the favero provided cleats
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AOY410W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

when i bought them last spring (2019) they were going for $40 you can probably find a set in that price range if you look around, bonus is that they come with extra cleats.

thegock

OK here's a new one. On today's road ride, I'm on the home stretch heading west on Kuhl Rd. At the crest of the rise, a car is coming in the opposite direction. Just as he's right in front of me, some old guy (probably late 70s/early 80s) gives me the finger. WTF? Now maybe he was just waving and happened to only have one finger, but I doubt it. Was it the fact that I was riding on the road, or was it my USA jersey??

View attachment 133656

Were u wearing the orange camo road shoes?

JerseyPete

OK here's a new one. On today's road ride, I'm on the home stretch heading west on Kuhl Rd. At the crest of the rise, a car is coming in the opposite direction. Just as he's right in front of me, some old guy (probably late 70s/early 80s) gives me the finger. WTF? Now maybe he was just waving and happened to only have one finger, but I doubt it. Was it the fact that I was riding on the road, or was it my USA jersey??

View attachment 133656
I'm in my late 50's so that rules me out.
@thegock maybe?

:)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
And the new bike curse continues. Is it going to rain all august?
tenor.gif

serviceguy

Third ride on the tallboy - all the sticks on trails after the TS are very annoying - knocked my chain off at one point. And this heat and humidity blows -:after an hour I'm fried. Will havevto bite the bullet and get up earlier I guess. Still loving the ride, it's like butter, but gotta get on some real rocks.

View attachment 136770
If you decide to scratch the rock itch and ride Ringwood keep in mind that all parking lots are closed with the exception of Ryerson. Most trails should be clear.

Mtbdog

Third ride on the tallboy - all the sticks on trails after the TS are very annoying - knocked my chain off at one point. And this heat and humidity blows -:after an hour I'm fried. Will havevto bite the bullet and get up earlier I guess. Still loving the ride, it's like butter, but gotta get on some real rocks.

View attachment 136770
High Mt.
Come on up for some rock and roll!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

View attachment 136770
How the hell did French Creek Preserve make the new bike tour?

Hit up nesh and core creek

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
haha 95 degrees. 100% humidity? Also did a few trails "the hard way". One hour was plenty!
FWIW, when I ride, it is typically the most humid part of the day and it gets "stuck" in the trees. While it isn't as warm, the air is so thick, you are sweating just as much.

Also, high rocks in pt pleasant PA, definitely better than Frenchtown Preserve and maybe only 5 min further.

Top Bottom