g-rock 106.3

VanDbtRiver

I have been a fan of this station since my early High School days. I was listening last night night and they were playing that "boots wit the fur" song. I said to myself, "that's cool they are playing absolute bullshit just to be funny." So i was researching this AM to find out that they changed their format to a z100 type of crap. BTW, as I tuned the radio further, the next 2 stations were spanish speaking followed by more 50 cent sillyness...sad

Mare

That sux. I have 106.3 programmed on my radio, but I flip through so fast, so I didn't even realize (especially since I usually end up putting in a CD anyway). I hate what the world is becoming :(

ellbiddy

I put it on while going to work and I heard something by Pink and it blew my mind, I did a double take on the station and it's dead :(

THATmanMANNY

don't worry "year of the black man" is here :rofl:
I'm sorry but that has got to be one of the most ignorant things I've heard on the radio this week. However, hip-hop is where it's at! T.I. is king! :cool:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
101.9 is decent - matt pinfield in the morning - pretty good choice of music. everything from ac/dc to vampire weekend to cake to zappa to liz phair to...

The Kalmyk

don't worry "year of the black man is here" :rofl:
I'm sorry but that has got to be one of the most ignorant things I've heard on the radio this week. However, hip-hop is where it's at! T.I. is king! :cool:

Sorry Manny Have to disagree here...Hip Hop died with Biggie Smalls IMO

mfennell

Who is their target audience? Pre-teen girls who can't get 103.5? There are several stations with the same lame mix already.

Sigh... I was listening yesterday AM and thought the male DJ (normally a night guy, can't remember his name) sounded a little cranky. Now I know why.

Don't forget Brookdale's station if you're close enough. 90.5.

rlb

XM Radio / Pandora here :cool:

Thats the only way to go IMO. When Stern left k-rock and they switched to all talk I said "f that" and went with XM. O&A rule and now that I've had commercial & jock free radio (that isn't limited to my ipod) I can't listen to a second of terrestrial radio anymore. However, I do feel that the hostile takeover by sirius is BS since we lost all of the "good" XM music stations. Lithium sucks. How many times can I listen to a loop of Nirvana, Offspring, Green Day and U2? Don't get me wrong...I love those bands (minus U2) but the sirius programming directors just don't get it I guess. :getsome:

jimjo

matt pinfield started his career at 106.3 glad to see hes back on locally accessible radio... i can't believe they sold out...they used to be so small that you could only listen to them in and around the shore...

clutch

matt pinfield started his career at 106.3 glad to see hes back on locally accessible radio... i can't believe they sold out...they used to be so small that you could only listen to them in and around the shore...

They sold out long ago. "In November 2000, WHTG was sold to Press Communications. WHTG then became known as G106.3, and took on a format that could be described as a hybrid of alternative and modern adult contemporary. "

It was still a good station after the sale, but not nearly as cool as the old "modern rock at the jersey shore days"

Shaggz

A strong 7
Thats the only way to go IMO. When Stern left k-rock and they switched to all talk I said "f that" and went with XM. O&A rule and now that I've had commercial & jock free radio (that isn't limited to my ipod) I can't listen to a second of terrestrial radio anymore. However, I do feel that the hostile takeover by sirius is BS since we lost all of the "good" XM music stations. Lithium sucks. How many times can I listen to a loop of Nirvana, Offspring, Green Day and U2? Don't get me wrong...I love those bands (minus U2) but the sirius programming directors just don't get it I guess. :getsome:
For the most part, I am enjoying the new format. Yes, LI sucks, but I appreciate the GD station, Bridge (27), Folk Village, Spa, Chill, etc. I'm at a loss with 1st Wave, but the comedy channels are more robust.

MVMX

Commercial radio is terrible, same song loops and bad production screaming ads.... for me its internet to i pod, plug in and control yourself.

And some metal cd's to calm me in case of road rage.....:D

walter

Fourth Party
Commercial radio is terrible, same song loops and bad production screaming ads.... for me its internet to i pod, plug in and control yourself.

And some metal cd's to calm me in case of road rage.....:D

I gave up on commercial radio long ago, whether it was KRock or WSOU, it's all the same looped crap with 49 minutes of commercials per hour. I bought my Sirius at the discounted price before Stern was live, and traded it away for a new attic fan only a few months later. I have a friend that works there who says he can hook me up, I keep telling him no thanks.

The radio is just awful, period.

gtluke

The Moped
our rental for the vegas vacation had sirius, it was absolutely terrible. horrible music selection, and the comedy station kept repeating acts over and over. it dropped signal constantly.
no F'ng way am i PAYING for that

warcricket

Like a Jerk
i like 90.3 livingston campus and piscataway high school radio.
they play EVERYTHING. folk/black metal on thursday nights, indie on fridays, jazz on weds, etc...

89.5 seton hall's radio is okay. occasionally a cool local hardcore act will pop up, but those days are dieing.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Mostly it's 91.5 (NPR / KEXP) and 90.7 (FUV) for me in the mornings. John in the morning 9-12 on 91.5 is great. 89.5 on rare days though I think I'm getting old and it doesn't do it for me as much anymore.

Top Bottom