g-rock 106.3

gsorbo

I remember when that happened - they tried a format change then, too...after a couple of weeks they went back to their more traditional format (but canned all the really good obscure stuff).

I remember back when Pinfield was spinning at The Melody in New Brumfuss. Of course, back then, the Roxy and Running Bear's Steakout were still there, too. This was long before Matt hooked up with the MTV network...

Pinfield is now on 101.9 in the a.m. Nice mix of usually good and obscure music. Later in the day is good too. Don't have Sirius.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
real good point, ill let the O&A thing slide..jk..
I might add that we've had XM for years, and now get the "Best of Sirius" as well. O & A have grown on me some, particularly Jimmy. I think Ron and Fez do a fantastic show; Mrs. ChrisG has been a fan of theirs back to the WNEW days.

Howard mostly sounds like an old out-of-touch guy to me these days, though I don't listen as often as I might.

walter

Fourth Party
Howard mostly sounds like an old out-of-touch guy to me these days, though I don't listen as often as I might.

Yeah, I felt that way right around when I stopped listening. He is almost 60 years old.

I went to that O and A traveling circus thing this summer at PNC. I think I sat for 2 comedians, then went up to the tent to hang out.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
little jimmy is absolutely hysterical... i think most days he outshines o & a

Annnnd he's from North Brunswick. Local kid makes it big. He's a great guy, too. Real down to earth - didn't forget about the ppl who knew him when he was still doing open mic stuff.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I might add that we've had XM for years, and now get the "Best of Sirius" as well. O & A have grown on me some, particularly Jimmy. I think Ron and Fez do a fantastic show; Mrs. ChrisG has been a fan of theirs back to the WNEW days.

you have to listen to ron and fez to get it, they are kind of an "inside joke" show to me. my GF loves O&A but doesn't get ron and fez. i havent listened to howard in some time, i mean how mach celeb shit and naked girls can you listen to on the radio. O&A have a bunch of comics on that make the show a bit different each time. bob kelly, patrice o'neil, rich voss, its a good show thats cool you like it. i have die hard howard friends that wont listen to O&A.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
i read a blog post on matt from grocks myspace page and it said he got fired with no notice at all from the station and than they changed formats. laaaaaaaaaame.

N

NMBPmike

NOOOOOOO........ not MTBR Matt M.... cant be, please say it aint so... man whats this world comming to...:cry::cry: Matt made my ride into work all the better....dam!

Flats..

QUOTE=MEAN IRISH GUY;123926]i read a blog post on matt from grocks myspace page and it said he got fired with no notice at all from the station and than they changed formats. laaaaaaaaaame.[/QUOTE]

Panhead

I only listen to XM 57 the Grateful Dead channel. Haven't changed it since I found it over Thanksgiving weekend. Right now I'm listening on my computer. Before that it was Fungus on 53 until they made that 24hr of AC/DC.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I only listen to XM 57 the Grateful Dead channel. Haven't changed it since I found it over Thanksgiving weekend. Right now I'm listening on my computer. Before that it was Fungus on 53 until they made that 24hr of AC/DC.
There is a "Jam" station one or two clicks on either side of GD. They play a lot of Wide Spread Panic, Rusted Root, Phish, etc...

Panhead

Haha right now the only band my wife hates more than the Dead is on -Phish for the next half hour it's Mikes Groove. She's pretty annoyed right now:D. That used to only be online, haven't tried it in my car in a while.

rlb

Before that it was Fungus on 53 until they made that 24hr of AC/DC.

I thought they were supposed to kill this after a while. Why oh why do we need so much AC/DC for so long? And the other thing that kills me....There are stations dedicated to musicians...Why are they playing those same musicians on the other stations too?

I started listening to Stern in the mid 90s when I was in high school. He was great then, but I do agree that he started to seem really out of touch towards the end. I listened to O&A on 102.7 too, until they got fired...But I'm glad they came back strong, they are so much better than Stern. Jimmy rules...you guys suck.

Shaggz

A strong 7
I understood Metallica, especially since they were coming out with a new album. I like the Led Zep and appreciate the fact that it is not within striking distance of the stations I flip between.

Agreed too much AC/DC. What's next, Joan Jett, Off-Spring and Moody Blues channels :rolleyes:

J-Dro

You forgot to mention the other XM gems - The Bruce Springsteen channel, the Jimmy Buffett channel, and of course, the Elvis channel.

Nothing against any of those artists but I think single artist channels are a waste of bandwidth.

IMHO, the best XM station is XMU. Gotta get my fix of new music.

pinkshirtphotos

The morning dj Matt is a friend of mine. He got the ax! He is beyond pissed. This isn't the first time he was dicked over in radio in the past few years either. I hope he finds something new and better in the NJ area.

G

Greenman

I haven't been listening much to radio lately. I have been listening to my I pod through my radio mostly.

I am intrigued about HD radio though, and have been looking into getting a new radio for the car for it. Does anyone have a HD radio on here? I would like to hear your opinion on it.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
You forgot to mention the other XM gems - The Bruce Springsteen channel, the Jimmy Buffett channel, and of course, the Elvis channel.

Nothing against any of those artists but I think single artist channels are a waste of bandwidth.

IMHO, the best XM station is XMU. Gotta get my fix of new music.

And let's not forget "Hair Nation". :whoopdedo

clutch

I haven't been listening much to radio lately. I have been listening to my I pod through my radio mostly.

I am intrigued about HD radio though, and have been looking into getting a new radio for the car for it. Does anyone have a HD radio on here? I would like to hear your opinion on it.

"HD" radio sounds like a good idea, allowing radio stations to broadcast multiple feeds on the same frequency is smart. Calling "HD" radio, "HD" is deliberately misleading. The HD for them stands for Hybrid Digital not High Definition. They should just be calling it digital radio.

Top Bottom