g-rock 106.3

djm

I rarely listen to anything but Sirius nowadays. That and 101.5 at work.

What about 106.5? They sell out too? Used to broadcast the same stuff just covered a different footprint.

Frank

Sasquatch
but not nearly as cool as the old "modern rock at the jersey shore days"

I miss those days....actually won a "Box of Junk" once.

M. Murray (DJ) is a mtber and a nice guy....I hope he can tolerate the change...I can't.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
yeah i was about to say we always rode with matt on tuesday rides. really chill guy. what sucks about the format change is 1. its the only station other than "the breeze" that i can get on the crappy radio in my store and 2. they never said a word about it on the radio. its like all of a sudden f*cking BEYONCE was on this morning. i actually tuned to the alternate 106.5 to see if i was picking up a rogue station. LAME CHANGE.:mad:

mwlikesbikes

Truly sad. I had it on yesterday morn on the drive into work. On the way home I turn it on and hear the teeny bopper crap. I thought I was getting a rouge signal because of the weather. I decide to get go to their website when I get home and f#uc*ing Justin Timberlake is staring at me. I was a long time listener from the old FM106.3 days in the late 80's.
Money talks and BS walks I guess. :(

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
They sold out long ago. "In November 2000, WHTG was sold to Press Communications. WHTG then became known as G106.3, and took on a format that could be described as a hybrid of alternative and modern adult contemporary. "

It was still a good station after the sale, but not nearly as cool as the old "modern rock at the jersey shore days"

I remember when that happened - they tried a format change then, too...after a couple of weeks they went back to their more traditional format (but canned all the really good obscure stuff).

I remember back when Pinfield was spinning at The Melody in New Brumfuss. Of course, back then, the Roxy and Running Bear's Steakout were still there, too. This was long before Matt hooked up with the MTV network...

Shaggz

A strong 7
I have a pretty deep collection of Smiths, Dep Mode, Cure, etc, and tore the nob off the radio at 92.7 (WLIR) when I was growing up. However, I really do not like what they are playing on 1st Wave :confused:

J-Dro

However, I really do not like what they are playing on 1st Wave :confused:

I couldn't agree more. They play all the lame synth pop New Wave from the early 80's. Blech. XM's Fred had a bit of that but tempered it with some of the punk and more obscure and adventerous stuff from that era. 1st Wave is unlistenable IMHO.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I love my sirius! Although they got rid of the punk channel which sucks. But regular radio is now painful to listen too.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You guys need to buy this new invention called an MP3 player.

They dont play howard stern and bubba, live tv and every cable news channel I can think of, live sporting events, and talk radio from everywhere around the world. Oh and plus tons of music.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Xm

lots off channels went missing or stated to suck cause of the "take over" but O&A and Ron & Fez are great shows. "faction" is a good station and "hair nation" is the best, haven't listened to regular FM or AM in a year. plus 106.3 sucked anyway Krock is the same. "hits of the 90's" CD played on loop. nirvana, pearl jam, red hot chilly peppers, led zeplin, sublime, and maybe bout 3 other bands i left out. they play 3-4 songs from those bands all day everyday. 106.3 changed format cause it was the same as krock but prob slightly different play list. now it does the same thing as before but with different style music thats all. so in the end did it really change? get XM or the other one with the famous shock jock thats not that funny and you'll see.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
radio is pretty sad these days...

My wife and I are long-time morning drive listeners who both grew up on Stern, and still like to have the radio on in the morning as we get ready for work. O & A are OK at best to me, but what really bums me out about the state of commercial radio is the nature of the ad time they have been reduced to selling.

The ads are all for credit card debt relief, pills to make your schlong bigger, with an included "measuring device", and lately, Ashley Madison, a dating service for married people. It's a clear indication of how shitty the market is when these are the best products and services willing to pay for ad time. It gets to be a frigging drag hearing the same stupid ads over and over again, particularly when I have zero interest in what they are attempting to sell.

Back in Howard's heyday, his ad time was like another part of the show, between the local ads and the national stuff.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
My wife and I are long-time morning drive listeners who both grew up on Stern, and still like to have the radio on in the morning as we get ready for work. O & A are OK at best to me, but what really bums me out about the state of commercial radio is the nature of the ad time they have been reduced to selling.

The ads are all for credit card debt relief, pills to make your schlong bigger, with an included "measuring device", and lately, Ashley Madison, a dating service for married people. It's a clear indication of how shitty the market is when these are the best products and services willing to pay for ad time. It gets to be a frigging drag hearing the same stupid ads over and over again, particularly when I have zero interest in what they are attempting to sell.

Back in Howard's heyday, his ad time was like another part of the show, between the local ads and the national stuff.

real good point, ill let the O&A thing slide..jk..

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

It was, mainly because on regular radio the commericals were 20minutes long! I love the 1 hr + of no interruptions. I never even hear the commercials anymore. I go out and start my car and pause my sirius, then when I get on the road I just fast foward through them.

Top Bottom