Funny Satellite Images

phillychris498

Occasionally, I peruse Strava heat maps searching for new trails or trail networks I’m not aware of. Tonight I decided to look at the Mahlon heat map... and I came across something I’ve never seen before on a satellite image:

E1D4E51A-4FBD-4B01-B1E5-64071A21755F.png

Don’t see it yet? I’ll zoom in further for you:

0CB8153B-88A8-4CBF-8415-86A9F11198FA.png

a plane! The satellites caught it in separate spots when creating these images. I’d never seen anything like that before.

either that, or there are a few really huge planes perpetually parked out by the highlands trail overlook that I’ve never noticed before....

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
The approach/departure radio beacon for Newark is in Sparta. They also route straight south from that area to readington (another radio beacon)

not too surprised. But good catch

mntal

Occasionally, I peruse Strava heat maps searching for new trails or trail networks I’m not aware of. Tonight I decided to look at the Mahlon heat map... and I came across something I’ve never seen before on a satellite image:

View attachment 156428

Don’t see it yet? I’ll zoom in further for you:

View attachment 156429

a plane! The satellites caught it in separate spots when creating these images. I’d never seen anything like that before.

either that, or there are a few really huge planes perpetually parked out by the highlands trail overlook that I’ve never noticed before....
I didn't see it at all until the second pic. I was looking for things far more 12-year-oldish.

Top Bottom