Fun 8:30 am ride at Chimney Rock

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How awsome is your new bike ? ( I've got the same one )
I'm absolutley loving mine.
I'm climbing easier and I'm riding over and thru what used to be difficult terrain with ease.

The more I ride it the more I am in love with it. It must be 5 pounds lighter then my Trek Fuel. I find myself bunny hopping over logs instead of riding. The rock gardens over by Miller Lane (part of chimney rock...the rockiest of the rock...imo) are much more fun.

ellbiddy

As promised:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6658586

Ride data, nice slow ride to get to know the area. Big thanks to Kirt who had a variety of mechanical bloopers and lead most of the ride, Woody, and the Aussie (you were right I forgot all the names) for leading bits and pieces of the ride. Had an awesome time. Getting the hang of a dualie, was a lot squishier than I'm used to given the terrain. Biggest hurdle wasn't the pedaling, but picking the right lines through the terrain which I wasn't used to (really loose), this is going to be my new hang out for a while.

Shout outs to the other three guys that were with us, Mr. T (or something like that, you know who you are you followed me most of the way home :p), Guy who doesn't have mtbnj account yet, and Scott with the lefty f29.

ellbiddy

Btw, you can tell it's missing the part from the lot to where it started, I forgot to turn it on until then :p. Use your imaginations!

Mr_T

Thanks guys for pulling me along...I had a blast. A few more of these loops and my fitness level will certainly improve fast. Kirt/Woody/Aussie thanks for showing us around and making sure I was still with ya after some of those climbs....lol. Leo (Trek), Scott (Lefty) and Greg (Guy who doesn't have mtbnj account) it was great riding with you as well. I look forward to seeing all of you out on trails again soon.

-Marc

As promised:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6658586

Ride data, nice slow ride to get to know the area. Big thanks to Kirt who had a variety of mechanical bloopers and lead most of the ride, Woody, and the Aussie (you were right I forgot all the names) for leading bits and pieces of the ride. Had an awesome time. Getting the hang of a dualie, was a lot squishier than I'm used to given the terrain. Biggest hurdle wasn't the pedaling, but picking the right lines through the terrain which I wasn't used to (really loose), this is going to be my new hang out for a while.

Shout outs to the other three guys that were with us, Mr. T (or something like that, you know who you are you followed me most of the way home :p), Guy who doesn't have mtbnj account yet, and Scott with the lefty f29.

scotth

As everyone else said a very big thanks goes out to Kirt, Woody & MTB Aussie. If they didn't show up I never would have known about that whole side of the park. I like Chimney Rock even more after riding with the crew today. Thanks everyone for a great ride.

Regards,

Scott

woody

Hey guys
Good to meet & ride with y'all today. Glad I caught the post this morning just in time to join you. (Well...almost in time...sorry to keep you waiting for a couple minutes in the lot.)

Next time we do the extended route...

Kirt- Keep me posted on upcoming trail building & TM

-Woody

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice meeting everyone today. Sorry about my bike misbehaving, I'll try & give her some attention so it won't happen again. Thanks for the help Woody, glad we got to ride together for a bit.

zmuda44

Hey guys, it's Greg, the guy who previously didn't have an mtb acct., but as you can tell...

Definitely fun riding with you guys, and thanks for showing me around chimney rock and for the bike advice. Next time I see a post about a group ride on here I am certainly in. I'm definitely glad that Mark invited me to meet all of you guys.

Top Bottom