full squish: too much jargon!

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
yeah im not putting the bike down but it prolly just wasnt ready for the 230 pounds that i was at jorbafest. it pedaled like a dream though

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
gotta first gen nomad dressed up at 33lbs, in large you can try but you said your not a big guy. Sids bike in NYC lets you take one for $100 on a weekend and you can apply to purchase, they usally have a good supply on hand....

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yeah I gottcha by 50# the spring on my ccdb would be a little to stiff for ya. Really look at Sids in NYC, they carry a pretty large stock of SC nomads...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
You are reading up on too many bikes...Just buy something and love it;):D

This is great advice Spence!! At this point, any of the mainstream companies have a suspension design that will work for what you want. For each one of those bikes you'll find 100 people that swear by it, 100 people that don't, and 100 people that will tell you to not waste your time and buy a hardtail:D

-Jim.

beachwoodbikes

Shop: Beachwood Bikes
Shop Keep
In my attempt to find the best multi-link full squish all mountain bike... I think I am going to give up for now :cry:

Before you do that, I would recommend looking closely at this bike.
http://www.bikes.com/main+en+01_101+XC_Marathon.html?CATID=1&SCATID=3&Y=2009
I rode one for two days out in Bootleg Canyon in Sept and it was absolutely incredible. This is available now in our shop. A very close relative to the proven FSR design, however, notice the 76 degree seat angle, first of it's kind in the mountain bike world. It slacks to 74 under sag, still the steepest out there. This bike goes up like a goat and down like a fat chick on 50 cent beer night. Definately worth a look. Also the Rocky Mountain ETSX is a shop favorite here. Unbelievable performance for the racer/trailrider type.:rolleyes:
http://www.bikes.com/main+en+01_102+Etsx_30.html?BIKE=14&Y=2008&name=Etsx 30#2

Last edited:

Engignar

If you are interested I have a dw link MK III set up for me (also 5'9" and 155). It is my Diablo bike and my race bike and my AM bike and my take me to the coffee shop bike. You are more than welcome to take it for a test ride. I can only imagine a Turner dw or Pivot would ride even better.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
again, blah blah blah

buy something and ride it, if you are looking at turner level stuff, it is all going to be nice!

THATmanMANNY

If you are interested I have a dw link MK III set up...
I'm guessing you're in the Northern Parts. When I come up to that area I'll have to holler at cha OR see you at a race or something.

again, blah blah blah

buy something and ride it, if you are looking at turner level stuff, it is all going to be nice!
:blah::blah::blah:
im just putting it out there if ppl are curious. Considering they are selling the '08 frames CHEAP i might as well try and understand why the '09 is better.

And if I am looking at that level stuff I might as well do my research and try to ride it but too bad I have to book a plane to do so :rolleyes:

dhsean

2 types

There a currently 2 type of full squish bikes out there.

VPP types - multi-linkage solid rear triangle platform types. (aka - maestro, DW-link, VPP, etc...)

Single Pivot with shock linkage - (aka - cannondale, turner, commencal, etc..)

All comes down to personal preference, application and setup.

THATmanMANNY

Well, this is what I ended up with ;)

53400023.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom