Full face recommendations

Danimal

Looking to get a full face instead of using my old moto x helmet. Looking to spend under $200. I've ridden with the proframe and liked it, just seeing if theres anything else to consider or maybe someone can lead me to some sweet deals

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Bell super DH.
Screenshot_20190218-111050_Drive.jpg

Trail helmet and DH helmet.
With a removable chin bar.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have the Bell Super and while I do love it, it doesn’t give me a ton of confidence when bombing down the double blacks. Thankfully I haven’t had to find out how strong the chin piece is yet... if you aren’t riding the really gnarly stuff then it actually is a great helmet.

Danimal

I have the Bell Super and while I do love it, it doesn’t give me a ton of confidence when bombing down the double blacks. Thankfully I haven’t had to find out how strong the chin piece is yet... if you aren’t riding the really gnarly stuff then it actually is a great helmet.
I just read that it meets all the high dh standards and has the newer mips version as well, which is a bit reassuring

pkovo

I wear a well aged Bell Super, and have been really happy with it. I wear it for everything though not just gravity, and only really remove the chinbar for rail trail rides with my kids, so I could do without the removable feature. I've ridden moto in a full face most of my life so having a chinbar feels normal to me, despite the looks I get on long rides.

What sold me on it was the weight/price/venting. At the time I got it it was one of the lighter full face options (700-ish grams range) and reasonably priced. I think the fox proframe and the Met Parachute are in the same weight range but without the removable chinbar.

Since I wear mine for everything, weight and venting are pretty important, but if it's just for gravity riding, a heavier burlier helmet might be better?

regardless, I've been happy with the Bell, and would probably buy another when it wears out.

Ian F

For me the main issue has been finding a fullface that fits well. None of the Bell helmets fit well. I ended up with a 100% for that reason, but even that isn't perfect unless I'm wearing goggles which help keep it from rotating down on my forehead.

During the US Open at Mtn Creek a few years ago, I took advantage of the vendor area and test-fitted as many helmets as I could.

Danimal

For me the main issue has been finding a fullface that fits well. None of the Bell helmets fit well. I ended up with a 100% for that reason, but even that isn't perfect unless I'm wearing goggles which help keep it from rotating down on my forehead.

During the US Open at Mtn Creek a few years ago, I took advantage of the vendor area and test-fitted as many helmets as I could.
That's another issue. I dont know many shops locally that would carry the full faces I'm interested in. All I have to go off is the fox proframe I previously rode with

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Santapez has a brand new full face helmet he never used. On the road right now... We'll get you details later if you're interested.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's

This 100% ;) though my fit was troy Lee, yes it's the coach bag of helmets but it's for the head damn it.

Top Bottom