Fuel for longer rides

bananas, man

bananaholder1.jpg

Jager

Agreed rice bars are quick and easy. In a pinch though Honey Stinger Waffles go down easily at any point on a long ride.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Skittles Mike and ikes sweedish fish and nuts. I used to always have a few bananas when going long.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I do pbj's, fig bars or mini potatoes. I also use heed a bunch, but for longer rides, I need some real food.

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
French fries.

High in potassium, which is how I justify my favorite soul food.

At least 1.5X a banana ;)

Adam35C

How does everyone carry your food? I know on the mtn bike I can put stuff in my camelback but not sure what to do on my road bike.

jackx

How does everyone carry your food? I know on the mtn bike I can put stuff in my camelback but not sure what to do on my road bike.

I Put heavier items in my saddle bag and I stuff other goodies in back pockets of jersey for easy access while riding.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Jersey pockets. You can fit a lot in there. Organize by food type so you can get what you need when you want.

huffster

I like trail-mix, which is typically some mix of nuts, seeds, m+ms, raisins and other dried fruit. This really gives a nice boost and has never messed with my stomach. All real food. Yes, an M+M is a real food.:D

I think some have alluded to this, but hasn't been said outright. If I am heading out for a 2 hour ride, I will likely not eat anything, but I will have plenty of fluids. But, if I am heading out for a 5-hour ride, I will have food. I will start eating it at 1 hour and typically have something each hour (sometimes sooner). I don't wait until after 2-3 hours to try and catch-up. I stay ahead of it.

Also, a Clif Bar in winter can sometimes get so damn hard, I feel like I am trying to take a bite of a rock.

Top Bottom