FS: 1985 Honda Nighthawk CB650SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJphotos

Anyone wanna buy a 1985 Nighthawk CB650SC?
Needs a few things.
6 speed manual transmisson
Shaft drive
Runs and rides very well, when it does ride.
It needs the clutch master and slave cylinder rebuilt, as the clutch doesn't disengage and there is no hydraulic pressure in clutch lever. It still goes through the gears fine but the clutch hydraulics will need to be rebuilt for it to be ridable.
Brand new rear tire, and front tire only has a few hundred miles on it.
New battery with Battery Tender lead on it.
Spark plugs recently changed, carbs recently cleaned.
New fuel petcock and inline fuel filter.
It will need a valve cover gasket eventually, as well as an alternator shaft seal...leaks a little bit of oil from the gasket currently. Also needs turn signal lens for right rear signal (there's amber tape over it now - I do have a new set of lights I'll include). Needs speedometer cable and/or wheel speed box.
It would be a great project bike and fixer upper. $700 OBO

1643040333249.png

Someone should give this thing a home. Double front disc, virtually maintenance free final drive, virtually maintenance free hydraulic valves, better power than contemporary embargo era 700's of other makes and some 750's, dohc and 4-valve per cylinder head, gear position indicator, and looks to have been unmolested with original exhaust and air box, which sadly are usually tossed in favor of pods and some 4 into 1 loudness without the benefit of the requisite carb jetting. With some TLC, this would be an easy bike to live with.

This bike is fun and dangerous. Dangerous not because of any flaws, dangerous because it got me riding it recklessly going over 100 mph without a helmet when I was in Wisconsin back in the mid 80's. When I tell people I'm surprised I'm alive today considering what I did when I was younger this is one of the things I'm talking about. It's a great bike and a lot of fun.. just be careful riding it or any motorcycle.

Someone should give this thing a home. Double front disc, virtually maintenance free final drive, virtually maintenance free hydraulic valves, better power than contemporary embargo era 700's of other makes and some 750's, dohc and 4-valve per cylinder head, gear position indicator, and looks to have been unmolested with original exhaust and air box, which sadly are usually tossed in favor of pods and some 4 into 1 loudness without the benefit of the requisite carb jetting. With some TLC, this would be an easy bike to live with.
Correct, original airbox and exhaust on it

It's a real easy bike to ride too. Very beginner friendly, standard seating position, smooth power delivery throughout whole throttle input so it won't get you into trouble, pretty light too.

Geeez I have three demon-powered two wheeled vehicles in the garage… and this would definitely be a fourth to consider. Lemme see if I can make room tonight. If I can shuffle some stuff in the shed and move my mini moto in there I’m interested.

I may have a turn signal for it if someone takes it. I have a box of old turn signals from 70s/80s bikes from japan and one will likely work. let me know if you want me to take a look.

It's a real easy bike to ride too. Very beginner friendly, standard seating position, smooth power delivery throughout whole throttle input so it won't get you into trouble, pretty light too.
That’s the bike I learned to ride on before going all in and buying a Yamaha FZR 1000. I’m lucky to still be alive. 😬

GLWTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom