front wheel

alex_k

I hate DT Revolution spokes... thin an flexy... I guess DT 4.2d rim is good for light riders only. My rear wheel with those spokes and rim was basted long time ago in very innocent accident but did not want to rebuild the front one... my mistake

today it happened... in sharp turn on the frozen trail in the very first minute of riding... I was catapulted over bars but landed "gracefully" :D:D:D

Anyway it is all my fault, I had to build a robust wheel set instead of buying those weight weenies' toys.

BTW the rest of my wheels are built with straight 14g spokes and Mavic 819 rims.

Attachments

• fw1.jpg
    fw1.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 123
  • fw2.jpg
    fw2.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 123

alex_k

I also have a bunch of tools and my favorite one is a cutting pliers... at least for today

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
Ahh yes, I'd say both those wheels came off a Specialized OEM at one point or another ;)

Those wheelsets have been coming in poorly tensioned lately. It's gotten to a point where we've had to rebuild the entire wheel just to get everything right.

DT makes solid wheels and spokes - it's whoever assembled the wheels at the factory is the one to blame.

alex_k

Ahh yes, I'd say both those wheels came off a Specialized OEM at one point or another ;)

Those wheelsets have been coming in poorly tensioned lately. It's gotten to a point where we've had to rebuild the entire wheel just to get everything right.

DT makes solid wheels and spokes - it's whoever assembled the wheels at the factory is the one to blame.

you are right... I mentioned the difference in spoke tension between this one and the rest of my wheels

al415

Banned
Funny thing about Specialized OEM wheels... I remember going to Round Valley in around 1991 or so. My friend Wayne was riding the latest S-Works bike on it's maiden voyage. We got up the first set of climbs and before we were two baby-heads into the first descent both his wheels were wobbling like jello. We ended up walking out of there that day. Much of my equipment knowledge is frozen in time, but SUN'S RHYNO-LITE was the rim of choice for guys that were hard on their wheels back when my beard wasn't grey.

kush

Alex, I know my response is going to be highly predictable,

but the root cause of this and all related evil up to and including the global economic crisis is ...

diminutive wheel size.

alex_k

Alex, I know my response is going to be highly predictable,

but the root cause of this and all related evil up to and including the global economic crisis is ...

diminutive wheel size.

yes, you are absolutely right... 24inch wheels are stiffer :D:D:D

Top Bottom