From Zero Fitness to BWR - Comeback Story of 2020

Mountain Bike Mike

You’re headed in the right direction thinking cafe style seat / tail section

this thread has me antsy to convert my H2 from this: (more scoot pics to balance all the training nerdery speak)
24505C77-F145-4A9C-ABDE-9B733EEC56AA.jpeg

To something like this:

45AB7030-AB01-43FA-B820-1BE8761A5BC7.jpeg

Your challenge is cutting your frames tail section to just past the upper shock mounts. Most guys cut it to proper length and then weld it back together.

You could lose the ability for passengers.

Last edited:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Yup, no baffles, I’d like to go 4-1 but it would have to be totally custom since a aftermarket exhaust is way too expensive for this, i was even thinking of just going 4-2 with an open header

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Still rather wet down here, but this week I was able to sneak out while it was warm and sunny Wednesday to make my infamous straight line on strava. Man, doing these outside is way easier than inside.

Then Thursday I decided to take a half day and ride in the morning with my homie. aint no Coronavirus out in these parts. I wasn't suppose to do this, but it was a nice sign after 2 days of solid high end efforts, my legs felt pretty okayish. Next weekend (if the weather co-operates) is the first "group gravel ride" race/ride/fundo thing. Will be fun to see what a good month of structure has done for the 'ol fitness.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Since shit has hit the fan, I unplugged from my time crunched plan, did a bunch of noodling around and just riding the past month or so.
IMG_3639.jpeg

One day I did 60 miles in the mist on this thing.

IMG_3854.jpeg

How most of the roads look down my parts.

IMG_6173.jpeg

(please excuse my no gloves/shoes, just a quick test ride around the hood)
This thing is running like a top now, shimmed the needles on the carbs and put a 4-1 on (no photos of that yet sadly)

IMG_3936.jpeg

Convinced my homie (the only person I've been riding with the last month or so) to ride "gravel" bikes on greenway trails. Has really broken up the boring endurance road ride, and also fun to rip around trails on 32mm slicks.
IMG_3937.jpeg

IMG_3934.jpeg

I cancelled my Zwift membership and decided to go all in on the trainerroad custom trainer plan now. The volume works well for me. Curious how the shorter 2 hour rides on the weekends will be enough to ride 140 miles in August, but we have some time to look into that.

First swing at the ramp fitness test tomorrow :scared:

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are you going to do the TR stuff indoor and outdoor? Or just do the TR stuff inside and then ride outside on the off days?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Are you going to do the TR stuff indoor and outdoor? Or just do the TR stuff inside and then ride outside on the off days?
Going to follow it and do the ones outside if they are easy enough to follow. I do like how TR says you can swap out some sweet spot workouts for some longer aerobic stuff, which may fit in with a nice group ride on a Saturday/Sunday

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah, I think that's the whole Saturday/Sunday thought, especially during build phase. That those 1.5hr or so sweet spot rides on the weekend are a replacement for much longer outdoor rides. Because most people don't want to do 3+ hours on the trainer...

Top Bottom