from clifton to bear mountain park.

liong71er

howdy fellow bikers!!

on last monday 10/20 i went for a ride to bear mountain park,it was a beautifull day.couldn't just sitting around,..my eye and leg needs to get punishment.

started at 8:am sharp with tempt 42 degrees F.
this time i'm taking route CR 507 north (usually via ringwood sloatburgh rd ,..more farther around 12 miles diferences)by taking this route via suffern,ny then cutting through route 17 north,...turn right on 7 lakes drive all the way up to bear mountain,....with beautifull colour leafs along the park road and also quite traffics.they just finished works on new pavement prob. after lake sebago to route JCT 6.

i also visited perkins memorial drive,...nice 2 mile climb thanks to all folks who build it for our pleasure(mine) to ride them....
it wasn't very steep climb (i think next time i bring my SS) but that day i ride 1x9 gear setup.reaching perkins summit i was approached by a man and then he said to me,..."god blees you,...you're amazing,you must be in a good shape" and i was just smiling at him and say thank you,...for his compliment.
(but not just him though,...there's others)
maybe they never saw mtbikers up there before,mostly roadies i assume...

so,... i was having a really good ride that day considered my knees hurting from the start,..i make mistake on my stretching.
here are few pics that i took along the trip.....
dscn0362ks0.jpg

at tiorati lakes road sign.
dscn0379cg1.jpg

perkins memorial drive summit.
dscn0366me2.jpg

perkins memorial drive summit.
dscn0413gx2.jpg

bear mountain bridge.
dscn0403wk6.jpg

bear mountain inn.
dscn0408xm3.jpg

dscn0425ho1.jpg

dscn0419eb5.jpg

total mileage:93.82mile
ride time:7:29 hrs
foods: 5 pack GU,3 gatorade, 2 slice pizza,1/4pound beef jerky,and others high calorie foods n drinks.

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
you are
peanuts.jpg

nice pictures! I love the area of Bear Mtn Bridge, beautiful any time of the year but more with the fall colors

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
thats one hell of a run on a MTB. good for you man! i was just up near bear mountain this past weekend. its gorgeous up there right now.

by the way, this picture makes me dizzy
dscn0425ho1.jpg

G

Greenman

thats one hell of a run on a MTB. good for you man! i was just up near bear mountain this past weekend. its gorgeous up there right now.

by the way, this picture makes me dizzy
dscn0425ho1.jpg

LOL thats how he felt after his ride I bet!

Awsome ride there liong71er, and some nice pictures. Thanks for sharing :)

Top Bottom