friday road ride 1pm

P

Phatbiker

hey all.. i know this is very short notice..i'd like to give the trails an additional day to dry out so i'm hitting the road friday (sorry kirt). any ideas? if anyone wants to join me i can put together a decent loop in near the allamuchy area but i'm open to anything within an hour drive from there. i'll check back later tonight.

nelson

Shaggz

A strong 7
Nelson, I can't make 1 PM, but I'd appreciate some advice on a loop in that area. I'm in Sparta, and was considering an out and back along Stanhope Road, but that seems rather boring.

P

Phatbiker

Nelson, I can't make 1 PM, but I'd appreciate some advice on a loop in that area. I'm in Sparta, and was considering an out and back along Stanhope Road, but that seems rather boring.

sure.. anytime.. i live off of stanhope road. i'll post up whatever i do.

nelson

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Would love to join but I'll be in my cage in Brooklyn. How long you going out for?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Road riding tomorrow but probably in the late AM not 1pm and in Bergen Co. not out near Allamuchy, but let me know if you're down Phat. If not, enjoy the day -

P

Phatbiker

hey justin. Thanks for the invitation to ride in bergen county but i can't get there tomorrow. Next time. Have a great day.
nelson

J-Dro

Hey Nellie. I should be able to make this. I have to work til noon but can ride afterwards. How far are you thinking? I know you're training for the Longest Day so I want to see what I'm getting myself into.

BTW I'll be coming from near Rt 80/287 intersection if that helps determine a meeting spot.

Shaggz

A strong 7
sure.. anytime.. i live off of stanhope road. i'll post up whatever i do.

nelson
Thanks, Nelson. Ideally, I'd like to find a good 25-30 mile loop in the area that I can gradually build upon. I have been able to piece together a 20 plus through Andover, but it involves a bit too much on 517, which has little to no shoulder.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Would be totally into this! Post up the exacts and I'll check back around 11am........

P

Phatbiker

jeff-

i'm thinking of starting from the waterloo rd lot of allamuchy.. NOT DOING A MOUNTAINBIKE RIDE... doing a 35-45 mile loop.. B+ pace with the occational slacking off and very rare burst of energy.. : ) meet at 1pm.

nelson

P

Phatbiker

Thanks, Nelson. Ideally, I'd like to find a good 25-30 mile loop in the area that I can gradually build upon. I have been able to piece together a 20 plus through Andover, but it involves a bit too much on 517, which has little to no shoulder.

shaggz- last night a did a 32 mile loop starting in stanhope then lake hopatcong, sparta, then then lake mohawk, byram the back to stanhope. 2,200ft vertical and it took me about 1:45min. sound good?

nelson

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Phatbiker

Would be totally into this! Post up the exacts and I'll check back around 11am........

ummm.. specifics? all i can say is to meet at the wateroo rd lot at the mooch..about 40 miles.. 1 pm.

nelson

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LOL!

Man, that hurts just to look at. We should start a thread about that ride because I'd love to hear more about it, how you plan to do it, etc etc. 200+ miles sounds just absurd to me.

P

Phatbiker

LOL!

Man, that hurts just to look at. We should start a thread about that ride because I'd love to hear more about it, how you plan to do it, etc etc. 200+ miles sounds just absurd to me.

well, i tried to save the route we will be doing today but somehow the longest day ride was saved instead.. sorry.

nelson

Shaggz

A strong 7
shaggz- last night a did a 32 mile loop starting in stanhope then lake hopatcong, sparta, then then lake mohawk, byram the back to stanhope. 2,200ft vertical and it took me about 1:45min. sound good?

nelson
Nelson, that would be perfect. Since I live in Sparta, would I be able to tweak it a bit so I can roll right from my door?

P

Phatbiker

Nelson, that would be perfect. Since I live in Sparta, would I be able to tweak it a bit so I can roll right from my door?

sure. PM your address and i'll figure it out 4 u.

Nelson

Top Bottom