Frenchtown to Trenton via rial trail, NJ side or PA side?

rlb

Just trying to keep you east of the whole North Clinton BS.

@rlb when are you doing this ride

Some time in October if I get my new ride ready by then. Gotta check the Mrs. calendar to see when that free day is. I'm up for company, but the north part of the route is going to be a bit exploratory.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
ED024918-C861-4398-A154-9DC114301360.jpeg
915A5154-FF66-470D-B84C-C1F4374ACDAF.jpeg

Dat PA side ❤️

rlb

Dat PA side ❤️

This was supposed to be happening Saturday, but it's not gonna. My Mr. Pink isn't done yet, plus I'm getting over pneumonia, and haven't been on a bike in a few weeks all together. Not a good combo...

At least I still have the day free, so I can finish putting the bike together.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This was supposed to be happening Saturday, but it's not gonna. My Mr. Pink isn't done yet, plus I'm getting over pneumonia, and haven't been on a bike in a few weeks all together. Not a good combo...

At least I still have the day free, so I can finish putting the bike together.
Bummer to hear, heal up!

Reactions: rlb

Ian F

This is amusing to me as I've ridden from Bulls Island to Trenton (Morrisville, PA) more times than I can remember over the past 30+ years. Always on the road. I tried the canal path once and it was a horrific experience. Why anyone would ever want to ride a bike on either side is beyond me. Riding with car traffic is way safer.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This is amusing to me as I've ridden from Bulls Island to Trenton (Morrisville, PA) more times than I can remember over the past 30+ years. Always on the road. I tried the canal path once and it was a horrific experience. Why anyone would ever want to ride a bike on either side is beyond me. Riding with car traffic is way safer.
Most of each side is like a road. One of those floods in the middle 2000's really tore up the towpath north of Stockton.

Was it on the first day of Trout or something?

grilledcheeseking

Just a note, he is going the opposite direction.

But ironically, this is one of the few improved (paved) sections of the "towpath" (the canal is underground for awhile. But the tall overgrown grass, combined with the homeless people under the bridges, combined with the no where to go feeling is unsettling.

DOT (I think) cut down everything green, and it looks like shit. Missing the overgrown summer look now.

one piece crank

The Frenchtown area has lots of green, but the BMX/Groms never rebuilt their dirt tracks after the last major flood. Plus, the DEP project (?) has cut off the fun sections North of the paper mill going to Milford.

Ian F

Most of each side is like a road. One of those floods in the middle 2000's really tore up the towpath north of Stockton.

Was it on the first day of Trout or something?

I don't think so... just a normal day. Part of it is the foot traffic - hard to maintain a constant speed when coming up on side-by-side walkers. Another part is the gravel path isn't nice to ride on a road bike running 25c tires (the largest my Colnago can fit).

I avoid riding on multi-use paths like the plague...

Top Bottom