French Creek PA

J-Dro

I made a trip out to French Creek in PA today. It's about an hour from central NJ off the PA turnpike. Definitely worth the trip if you're looking for something different. Mostly rocky terrain with stretches of fast hardpack. You're either climbing or descending the steeps... not much level ground here. Fun ride. If we had a trail section for outside of NJ, I would post the gps link there. So, this will have to do.

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=3977317#

anrothar

entirely thrilled
whenever i go down to philly, my buddies and i talk about hitting that place, but then end up riding wissahickon and points south. how was the loop you did today? are the trails well marked?

J-Dro

whenever i go down to philly, my buddies and i talk about hitting that place, but then end up riding wissahickon and points south. how was the loop you did today? are the trails well marked?

The loop we did today was a re-arranged version of what we usually do and I think it flowed much better. That super steep climb right before the midpoint of the ride used to be towards the end of the ride and it just sucks the life out of you. I would highly recommend this loop. The trails are all well marked and correspond to the trail map. Some trails are hiking only so we didn't include any of those in the ride. Definitely worth the ride from Philly next time your down there.

Top Bottom