Free Weber Gas Grill - Propane

Status
Not open for further replies.

iman29

I may regret this, but I just upgraded to my first non Weber grill in 20 years so this one needs a new home. I probably would not even be getting rid of this if I didnt get a great deal on something else (see DIY thread).

For reference this model is a Genesis Silver B and was very popular so parts and stuff are easy to come by. Its fully functional aside from the ignitor button which I never used anyway, I just light it with a lighter thingy anyway. This one has cast iron grates (not cheap aloominium) which are original and have been power washed and run through the dishwasher a few times a year. A few years back I replaced the gas line/regulator, the burners and last summer I changed the V Bar things they call Flavorizers. It needs a good cleaning but would still be 100% functional for your upcoming post COVID reunion parties this coming summer season.

I know many of you are already thinking fire, but here's some guidance and limitations on that idea:
  • Yes you can totally take this and set it on fire since its a grill, but prefer you take it home first. While its on fire you can even cook some food on it.
  • I can gladly accept offers to set it on fire and send you a pic or video but it will cost you a 6 pack of my favorite beer.
  • You are welcome to come test setting it on fire at my house, but this requires you to bring some of my favorite cuts of meat and my favorite beer, and then we talk about bikes while said meat gets grilled. Then when we are done you take it home (the grill, not the beer or leftover meat if there even is any)
  • No I cannot fire and new bike in this case, since I just got a new to me MTB back in February
I can also send you with a pack of the little aluminum grease catch pan thingies since I wont be needing them anymore.

If this is not gone in about a week it goes to the curb alert for the scrap metal people. This does NOT mean you can come by and set it on fire at the curb.

1623688057284.png

I had the exact same model and it lasted well over 15 years with easy to find parts replacements. Frame finally started to rust away and I was looking to upgrade. Put it up on Craigslist for free and it was gone by evening.

I used to assemble these things when I worked at my family’s hardware store. I must have put together 60-70 a summer. They are built to last. Instead of fire, I think someone should try a roof drop with it.

real talk: Do you cover your grill or not?

I've read people not covering it because the humidity/moisture underneath will eat it alive

Last edited:
real talk: Do you cover your grill or not?

I've read people not covering it because the humidity/moisture underneath will eat it alive

i stopped covering mine when i noticed the moisture still under there on a warm sunny day a week after it had last rained . . . . does it make a difference? HTFSIK but it certainly doesnt look bad at 5 years old.

my dad and i both have weber genesis e-something grills from around 2010. i've never covered my grill, he used to cover his. my grill has some rust on the frame, but looks much newer.

I picked up a silver b similar to above on a curb a few years ago that my BIL now has, still going strong.

installed heavy duty grates and flavor bars from rcplanebuyer from this forum.

now someone pickup @iman29's grill and drop or launch it.

for those that didnt see the DIY thread this is what replaced it. I scored a deal and paid less than half of retail including the cost of the Uhaul van I had to rent to go get it 30 minutes away. brand new in the box. Hoping it lasts and is not a rust bucket next summer.

grill 1.jpeg

grill 2.jpeg

Attachments

• 1623705550127.png
    1623705550127.png
    928.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 1623705572510.png
    1623705572510.png
    641.9 KB · Views: 5
Ok that's really far. Let me think about this.
thats what I said when someone had a free fluid trainer posted on here a few months back, and I passed on it for the next person.

a week later my 7 year old fluid trainer started leaking....true story check under things that frown section.... just sayin' ;-)

but seriously - no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom