FREE: Trek Trail-A-Bike Thingy

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't have a picture of the actual unit but it basically looks like this:
$_86.JPG

This was @Norm's at one point.
Pickup in Montclair or Totowa/Fairfield.
Price: Free-ninety-nine. Hit me yup.

domo

What’s a good age to start kids on this?

1shotbeer do you know? Asking for myself.

Thanks

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I got one too in case there is a line waiting for one. Mine works but ain’t pretty. Free as well. I think I posted it here a while ago.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

Thanks

I had my my son and daughter on the back of my bike at three years old, probably closer to three and a half and older. That was for canal rides. Actual trail (six mile) didn’t happen until five.

pkovo

Thanks

I bought one for my oldest daughters 3rd birthday. With the seat slammed, and the bars rotated back, it worked, but was better when she was closer to 4.

I have some great memories taking all three of my kids on one of these. Even once they started riding on their own, it was still a good way to cover some decent miles with them. Lots of fun and great memories!

Delish

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Full disclosure. I never actually used this although I believe Norm did quite a bit. My guys were too small when I tried initially but they both started riding on their own by 3 years. I think with the seat slammed and the bars rotated back as @pkovo says it would be good for a little one. Some people throw on flat bars to make it fit even smaller. If we lived close to trails that are smooth-ish like 6mi or allaire I think we would have used it more but all the local trails are too rocky. @domo let me know if you want it otherwise it's yours @rlb.

domo

My little one is 28 months and probably still too young. I appreciate the feedback. If rlb can use it now so be it.

Good karma to you mr delish!

rlb

My little one is 28 months and probably still too young. I appreciate the feedback. If rlb can use it now so be it.

Good karma to you mr delish!

Negative, mine is 9 month old, I'm just looking to jump on a free item. It'll spend the next 2+ years collecting dust in my garage. So if anyone has use for it now claim it!

the schwartz

I'd try this. My five year old just started pedaling his own Cleary but this would be terrific to actually chew up some miles with him. @Delish I live in West Orange so easy Montclair pickup

Reactions: rlb
Just curious who tall do the kids need to be for this bike? My son is 4 and 40" and always wants to go for a bike ride with dad, maybe I'll pick one of these up.

Top Bottom