Free Toro Lawnmower

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Heavily used for 6 years and I lost track of how many times it died on me last year and I had to take it to the shop. When it ran, it ran fine and did a good job but I gave up and bought an EGo. Comes with bag, side shooter and qt of oil. If you're a small engine tinkerer, this is the machine for you! Don't tempt me to set it on fire bc I've been close to it many times last year!
Problems I know about:
- so sensitive to gas quality (even tho I only ever used Super) the shop jerry-rigged a fuel filter into the gas line.
- leaks oil (supplying a bottle to get you started)
- welded together in a couple places and pulls to the right
- self propel cable end broke so have to jerry-rig it or replace (a screw wedge worked fine for me)
Pickup in Madison
20220322_152322.jpg
20220322_152406.jpg

iman29

Surprised you had so many issues with it. I had the exact same one for like 8 years and it always started on the first pull. I only needed to do one major overhaul replaced the wheels and belts once. I guess if you have more grass than me it takes more of a beating.

I only got rid of it because I found a curbside free Husqvarna AWD newer mower that runs and cuts so much better about 2 summers ago. It just needed a carb cleaning and a new blade.

And I sold the toro for $125 !

GLWF.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Mowing 1/2 an acre every 5 days or so and used it to bag leaves too. I'm on the borderline of needing a ride-on but don't have room to store one and i need the exercise anyway lol. Shop told me 5-6 years is about their useful life. "They don't make 'em like they used to". I'm also a set it and forget it kinda guy and not a tinkerer.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
i keep forgetting to put this out on garbage night. Anyone want it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom