Free Spooky Darkside (cracked)

mattsrabbit

I've got a Spooky Darkside frame with a cracked headtube. Spoke to FTW and other frame builders who said that it's pretty much cooked. I feel bad tossing it, maybe someone wants wall art?? Maybe an aspiring alum welder want's to hone their skills on it? I'm in Brooklyn and if you want it it's yours for free. It's too rad to go in the garbage.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
IMG_3119.PNG

Blair

wow, how does that crack? I'll be in brooklyn June 9th if you can meet up on a Friday. I'll take it if that could work. What size is it anyway?

qclabrat

Just weld on a new headtube. I've seen it done ✅
Think those are Easton aluminum tubes
yes, you can reweld aluminum tubes, but I'd never ride it again due to the brittleness properties
There are tons of complaints from former Spooky owners and cracked frames

mattsrabbit

Thanks for the repost, crack goes all the way through. I thought about JB Weld and hose clamps and making it a commuter but it's sketchy. Replacing the HT (Aluminum yes) would be a great project but I definitely don't have the funds to take on that kind of project, thus my giving it away.

@Blair I'll be home after 6 on Friday and I'm in Greenpoint. It's all yours if you want it!

Blair

Thanks for the repost, crack goes all the way through. I thought about JB Weld and hose clamps and making it a commuter but it's sketchy. Replacing the HT (Aluminum yes) would be a great project but I definitely don't have the funds to take on that kind of project, thus my giving it away.

@Blair I'll be home after 6 on Friday and I'm in Greenpoint. It's all yours if you want it!

thanks, what size is it out of curiosity? worst case it will be some wall art in the tiny little shop space I'm allowed to have in my house.

Top Bottom