Free sofa bed

Maurice

If you can get it out my door it's yours.

It's an Ikea sofa bed, I'd say 10 years old. Normal wear and tear, getting rid of it because I got a new one and it's too much space. I feel claustrophobic in a plane hangar, so this has to go...

PM if interested before I cut it into pieces and it goes in the trash.

5L25V45J23F23Md3l8c95752bfe037b6e1fb6.jpg

You would be surprised how difficult it is to give a way a perfectly fine sofa bed nowadays.

I couldn't get anyone to take my 5 year old sweet sofa so I ended up throwing it in the dumpster. What a waste...

Oh I'm not.

I thought people would be all over it, initially. I contacted about 15 charities initially, put it on craigslist in the "free stuff" section etc. Reminds me of a colleague who got copiously insulted by a hobo once for trying to give him a sandwich :)

I ended up dismantling it, carrying it upstairs and my daughter now has a sofa in her room. Works out perfectly since she has one of those mezzanine beds that leaves the whole floor mostly empty.

Very strange isn't it?

While in College in Canada students were dropping $100 on ripped, torn and puked all over 100 times Sofas for their residences. I put mine up on Craigslist as a perfect peice of furniture and even left my Sofa on the side walk for 3 days in Long Branch. No one showed interest.

2 words... Bed bugs

People are scared shitless to take a used bed or furniture

I agree. I left my love seat on the curb for 2 weeks with a pulley gym set, broken and rusted out basketball hoop. I'm surprised they took the broken basketball hoop and the gym set. The love seat is way better than the two, then I decided to call the township to pick it up.

Back
Top Bottom