Free Ryobi 40v Line Trimmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

iman29

11E65750-E28E-44AB-AC8E-8F39650F68AF.jpeg6D4385D1-90CF-4340-B067-5398C3784769.jpegE9C34C54-D2E7-434A-BBD2-1537B100659A.jpegI scooped this off the curbside from someone moving out of the neighborhood before any rain came and thought I could get it working but it seems the battery won’t take a charge.

I have no use for this since I am using all gas powered tools but the trimmer tool looks nearly brand new so figured if anyone has the Ryobi ecosystem already you could add this to the mix and this way it doesn’t end up in the trash.

Pickup in Flanders 07836

Post up here if interested and then we can figure out logistics.

These are truly awesome. Say goodbye to small engine ethanol damage...

Also, there is fix online for hacking the battery to recharge.

How long do these last as far as run time, in real life usage?

It totally depends on the tool and the battery size. I have only 18v tools which are less powerful, but they're enough for my needs. The 4a batteries I have do really well with the hedge trimmer, but the leaf blower destroys them. Like 10-15 minutes runtime on full power, but the 18v batteries are pretty cheap.

I was thinking just for the string trimmer. I have about 1,000 linear feet of edging that I trim. Takes about 15 to 30 minutes depending on how much string I have to fish out of the reel. Back pack and walk behind blower will probably stay gas due to excessive run time and weight.

I have a 40v trimmer, and a blower since is was cheaper than buying a 2nd battery! If I had to guess, I whacked about 2400 linear feet and can just finish with the lower Amp battery, and easily finish with the higher Amp battery. The 40v holds up well behind the blower, but the wind cleans-up all my leaves, so I just blow-out the garage and clean-off the mower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom