Free patio table (needs work)

Mr. E Man

Yeah watched them doing it all year, bastards!

Home Depot, bought them ~7 years ago, but I think they still sell them new.
That’s a long time for Home Depot chair. I know people who bought patio sets from there and lasted them a season maybe less, from rusting or falling apart. My wife has been looking at fortunoffs for a set ... stupid expensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: rlb

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
That’s a long time for Home Depot chair. I know people who bought patio sets from there and lasted them a season maybe less, from rusting or falling apart. My wife has been looking at fortunoffs for a set ... stupid expensive.
I have some fortunoff furniture that my Mom purchased 35 years ago. Still looks great. Just replace the cushions every few years. And I remember it being $$$$

rlb

I'm surprised at how long they have lasted, I think they were only $25 each. I'll have to double check but the frame may be aluminum.

And yes this stuff is expensive! I looked around at pelican at the end of last season. There was a lot of nice stuff but a bit more than I wanted to spend. I just bought a set on overstock for $750, hoping it doesn't fall apart after 1 year.

rlb

Took a chance on a sight unseen set, do not recommend. There's a brace under the table that prevents your legs from going under it. Useless! Gonna Karen them on the phone I. Monday, not paying return shipping for a flawed design! Guess I'm spending 2gs on a patio set this spring 😒

rlb

Spent 1/2 the weekend driving to Fortunoff Back Yard, Ski Barn, Patio World, and Pelican. Then many of the same stores to the north to see the different items on their floors (mainly Ski Barn). So, if you're in the market and happen to have the same criteria we do (aluminum, room for 6, high back chairs, putting your legs under the table without smacking into a brace, and styling that doesn't remind you of dinner at grandma's) I'll save you some headache:

To be fair there were a few other nice sets that checked most of those boxes at Ski Barn, but most have lower chair backs. I was disappointed to discover the particular table that took us up to Wayne has a brace which doesn't allow me to sit comfortably. I wanted to support a small local company but alas it wasn't meant to be. They have more coming in but the Fortunoff price goes up tomorrow, so it was now or never. I was surprised to see some "affordable" teak sets but I don't need another thing to maintain. Plus, low chair backs.

Exthinker

Oh wow, I didn't know that squirrels are so vital to gnaw wood and screws. Pretty impressive tho. So it sounds like a relatively attractive offer, and I might agree to take it. Still, I've already bought myself a table for the terrace. Friends recommended their services https://www.gardenfurniture.co.uk . Just in case I do not give removals from the main used products I like. So if somebody doesn't find it, then I think I could take it myself. I guess I could see her a place in the garage, and in case of parties, I could use it for beer pong. When everyone's drunk, I don't want to get it spoils the new supply.

Last edited:

rlb

Ordered April 11, promised May 15th delivery, arrived June 9th :shrug: They've gotta send a new one (September?) since this one showed up with a ding that went all the way to the bare metal.

PXL_20210609_231203821.jpg

Top Bottom