Frederick Watershed MD

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I have never ridden here but have an honest question. Were these trails that Frederick blocked off legally built with the land owners permission?
I am not sure but basically it has some watching type council people closing trails illegally from what I u derstand. MORE is the trail advocates down here and they are staying clear.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
If you guys do want some gnar similar to NJ the the Frederick watershed is the place...just a hair more awesome. I rode Rocky/Bullwinkle,Skink, Iceberg and Handel this weekend and it did not disappoint. When are you down again @iLuveketchup

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
The best riding around. I need move out NJ and Fredrick MD seems like a nice place. Especially since Greenbrier, Rivers Edge, and Michaeux are close by. The new housing development near the trails (Kellerton?) got me thinking...

Here's a short clip of Catovid.

yea, Christopher's crossing is close too but I live in middletown which blows all that away.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
The best riding around. I need move out NJ and Fredrick MD seems like a nice place. Especially since Greenbrier, Rivers Edge, and Michaeux are close by. The new housing development near the trails (Kellerton?) got me thinking...

Here's a short clip of Catovid.

Assume you have ridden boundary line...much better.

Johnny Utah

If you guys do want some gnar similar to NJ the the Frederick watershed is the place...just a hair more awesome. I rode Rocky/Bullwinkle,Skink, Iceberg and Handel this weekend and it did not disappoint. When are you down again @iLuveketchup
I concur, I used to ride with Brooks Bruno in that area a good bit. There used to be some spectacular DH trails there with knarly features, I recall one named “tosser” that was several large rock slabs in a row all at 45 degrees or steeper with a minimal landing in between. Very nasty 😍

Ian F

I've been doing rides at Gambrill and the Shed for around 20 years. Most of my teammates live in the DC area, so they ride there often. It's a bit of a haul, but I usually get down there a few times during the season. It's just on the limit of how far I'll drive for a day-trip.

Most/all of the push trails were built without permission from the park/land managers. MORE was able to get a few of them made legit, but it was always going to be a give-take issue. There are some other DH trails that drop down to Hamburg Rd, but probably best to hook up with a local to ride them (often shuttled). Only a few of us on my team are gravity-oriented (and we're all not young), so we rarely ride them.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
I've been doing rides at Gambrill and the Shed for around 20 years. Most of my teammates live in the DC area, so they ride there often. It's a bit of a haul, but I usually get down there a few times during the season. It's just on the limit of how far I'll drive for a day-trip.

Most/all of the push trails were built without permission from the park/land managers. MORE was able to get a few of them made legit, but it was always going to be a give-take issue. There are some other DH trails that drop down to Hamburg Rd, but probably best to hook up with a local to ride them (often shuttled). Only a few of us on my team are gravity-oriented (and we're all not young), so we rarely ride them.
They have a fantastic wednesday night ride at gambrill. Basicallt an 8 mile loop with lots of raw, steep gnar.

Ian F

I do really enjoy riding there. When my company opened an office in Germantown, I considered relocating for half a second. In reality, I'd probably move to the York area to stay in PA.

DirtyRinger

Hey all.
I am going to be down in Frederick next week and am looking to ride early Tuesday and Wednesday morning. Does anyone by chance know anyone there that might be available and willing to meet to give me a tour either or both days? My window is 7-10:45am.🤞

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Bummer, missed that one when I was there. 3 saws was awesome, so I'd imagine this is even more better.
I think I remember looking up it from the bottom of 3 saws, looked like a bunch of chunky stuff
Just the end is chunky. It starts out kinda flat and progressively gets steeper in each berm and double you hit. Super fun trail. Yea, it ends right at the bottom of 3 saws. If you climb 3 saws to the top and make the first trail on the left that is Boundary Line.

Top Bottom