Frederick Watershed MD

iLuveketchup

I didn't see a thread for Frederick Watershed in MD.

Thinking of heading over to ride tomorrow & Sat. I've been tracking the weather and it was above 50* sunny all week. Anyone know the conditions and if it is ridable?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Thinking of heading over to ride tomorrow & Sat. I've been tracking the weather and it was above 50* sunny all week. Anyone know the conditions and if it is ridable?

A better way of organizing "outside nj" is on the list.
it keeps getting bumped because of budget restrictions.
if we get to the end of the year, and there is any $$ left, i'll put it in.
organization is a spend-it or lose-it type - can't bridge it to next cycle (pun!)
;)

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do

It was rideable last weekend as a freezethaw. The Hamburg road side by three sisters should be mint. It's 60 degrees here the last two days and I am about 3 miles away.

BPaze

How many days of riding can you get in here and do you need someone that knows the trail system to guide you the first time? Looking to setup a trip down here this spring

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
How many days of riding can you get in here and do you need someone that knows the trail system to guide you the first time? Looking to setup a trip down here this spring
If you give me a heads up I can give you a tour. 908-727-3447. There are two parks(Gambrill and fws). Depending on fitness you can spend up to two days in there.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
1644584719633.png

BPaze

If you give me a heads up I can give you a tour. 908-727-3447. There are two parks(Gambrill and fws). Depending on fitness you can spend up to two days in there.
Thank you once I have a better idea of dates I will hit you up, my fitness is poor just an FYI but who knows maybe I can make some progress in the next 2-3 months

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Made it today. The 'pump track' on top of Three Saws was muddy. All other trails were running mint! Catovid trail is awesome!!!

51878428136_2fc9bf07a9_c.jpg
I am going for a run up there in a bit. We got about 2" of fresh snow last night. Seriously some of the best trails around. They didn't even put the good stuff in the nationals.

iLuveketchup

I am going for a run up there in a bit. We got about 2" of fresh snow last night. Seriously some of the best trails around. They didn't even put the good stuff in the nationals.
The best riding around. I need move out NJ and Fredrick MD seems like a nice place. Especially since Greenbrier, Rivers Edge, and Michaeux are close by. The new housing development near the trails (Kellerton?) got me thinking...

Here's a short clip of Catovid.

iLuveketchup

Looks like there was a pretty cool rock line on the right.
Yes I was sessioning most of the features including that rock. I was unable to make it flow or feel right. Not sure if it's a huck to flat or a smaller drop to the left of it. I need to follow or watch some vids on how the locals do it.

Top Bottom