Frameless Shower Door Removal

CommandoStyle

I’m having some work done to the shower. Looking for input on the best way to remove my glass shower door. Should I remove the glass door from the hinge or should I unscrew and remove the hinge and door from the stone surround? I would prefer not to remove the hinge from the stone surround but I don’t know how easily the glass door will come out of the hinge. Any advice from someone experienced with this would be very helpful. Thank you.
3C63149B-228B-490F-8921-45492535ED99.jpeg
5282E89D-5071-4026-B896-7D3C28F31438.jpeg
9C6EB774-B4EE-4EAC-AF70-6F21FE32F9CF.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
those hinges are through bolted to the opposite side plate.
put something under the door to support it (cedar shims?), then just unscrew it,
either way first. the hinges were mounted on the wall, then the door added, if you want
to reverse the install.

it is tempered glass, so if it takes a shot, it is going explode. (ask how i know...)

oh, they are heavy.

CommandoStyle

those hinges are through bolted to the opposite side plate.
put something under the door to support it (cedar shims?), then just unscrew it,
either way first. the hinges were mounted on the wall, then the door added, if you want
to reverse the install.

it is tempered glass, so if it takes a shot, it is going explode. (ask how i know...)

oh, they are heavy.
Thanks. I suspected they bolted through but I wanted a sanity check.

ekuhn

Hope its not to replace that tile. Looks good!

Support and unscrew. Get help if needed (having someone inside). Remove from tile not at glass.

CommandoStyle

Hope its not to replace that tile. Looks good!

Support and unscrew. Get help if needed (having someone inside). Remove from tile not at glass.
Thanks, I like the tile job too and do not plan on changing the design. The stone surrounding the glass door is bulging to the point where it is interfering with the door. I am having the stone removed and then re-set.

Top Bottom