Frame swap??

Chris Nordt

I've got a late 90's/early 2000 Trek 8000 frame (Large) w/Bontrager seat post and Manitou suspension fork I'm looking to swap for a decent small mountain frame. The Trek belonged to my cousin who has passed and he decided to take every decal off the bike, thus why I'm not 100% certain on the year of the frame, but it's in great condition. I'm building a bike for my sister-in-law who is "vertically challenged" so I need a small frame for her. I'm looking for something older that will work with 26'wheels, rim brakes, and 1 1/8" steer tube.. keeping it old school!!

Karate Monkey

Chris, I've got a mid 90's Mongoose IBOC that's suspension corrected... But I don't want any more crap in my garage. Pick it up in Colts Neck and it's yours.

IMG_20190309_143436.jpg

If you don't need the fork, just pull it; the headset is already a threadless cane creek.

Chris Nordt

Chris, I've got a mid 90's Mongoose IBOC that's suspension corrected... But I don't want any more crap in my garage. Pick it up in Colts Neck and it's yours.

View attachment 99884

If you don't need the fork, just pull it; the headset is already a threadless cane creek.

If it's a small frame I'll definitely take it! Does it feel pretty light or like it was welded with 18 lbs of steel? lol

Chris Nordt

It's fairly light, but that's a cruiser fork on it, so...

That's ok, I'm not worried about the fork. I've got everything else I'll need, just needed a smaller frame she can get her short legs over lol. I'm located in Laurence Harbor, but i do work from Eatontown tomorrow. If you are free tomorrow after 5:00 I can swing by and grab it, let me know!

RNG1

I’ve got a small old school cannondale 3.0 fork and frame, and Sun 26” wheels in perfect shape as well. You said old school...

Chris Nordt

I’ve got a small old school cannondale 3.0 fork and frame, and Sun 26” wheels in perfect shape as well. You said old school...

I don't mind old school.. my 3 bikes are a 96 Gary Fischer Joshua Y, 98 Gary Fischer Paragon, and a 01 Yeti ASR.. 26er 4 life! lol

Top Bottom