Frame Bag selection

one piece crank

I have thoroughly enjoyed the switch from a Camelback to small frame bag - comfortable, perfect, out-of-the-way storage for all my essentials plus a few neat organizing pockets. Now I'm looking for input on selecting a full frame bag to provide space to carry additional clothing during the Winter freeze. So...

1. What do you have?
  2. What do you like about it?
  3. What would you do differently?
  4. How do you store your water?
  5. Do you have multiple compartments, or one big one?

I'm on my 2nd Custom Jpaks bag. They're fantastic. My last one was pretty simple, net pouch towards the front and then 1 huge pocket. The side had 2 pockets. And it's bolt on so no straps.

My new bag is more involved. I had it sewn into 2 halves with a zipper through the middle to access the bottom pocket. 2 side pockets on each side. Mesh up front. Bolt on with lacing for the top tube.

Custom runs about $200, which is only a few bucks more than a Revelate or Salsa.

I'm on my 2nd Custom Jpaks bag. They're fantastic. My last one was pretty simple, net pouch towards the front and then 1 huge pocket. The side had 2 pockets. And it's bolt on so no straps.

My new bag is more involved. I had it sewn into 2 halves with a zipper through the middle to access the bottom pocket. 2 side pockets on each side. Mesh up front. Bolt on with lacing for the top tube.

Custom runs about $200, which is only a few bucks more than a Revelate or Salsa.
Those sound great. Wish I knew about them Friday when I ordered salsa bag for the Beargrease, lol.
I ordered mine for my work commute so that I don't have to carry a backpack. Taking the Beargrease to work will allow me to cut out the worst roads and add in a mile or two of sandy/rocky access roads that the road bike can't handle. And I'll be able to hit the local trails on the way home.
I already mounted my bottle cage to the fork.
REI has a couple salsa bags on clearance for$70.

Thanks, that is good info. I’ll have to figure out what I want.

How do you carry water? Multiple bottle cages external to the bag.

I usually run a Nalgene in the bag and feedbags on the bars, cages on the fork.

Back
Top Bottom