Fox Transfer dropper

PhD-irt

Previously Dapidude....
Want to get a dropper. There is a Fox Transfer 100mm external cable post for $257. Any opinions. I would like to save a buck or two and avoid getting this at my shop but am nervous about spending $$ with no input.

Mountain Bike Mike

I’m on my third one... first two were replaced through the warranty replacement process. The first wouldn’t go back up all the way, they replaced it no questions asked.

The second one, the external cable mech kept binding and wouldn’t disengage.

The current one I had serviced recently and it has been decent with no issues

skully

I have had one now for @2 years and LOVE it !!!!!zero issues and have yet to need to get it serviced!!! It just plain works . ..it's a 2018 model 125 mm with and external cable

02camaro

also make sure you get the right diameter.

ive had one on all 3 of my bikes and never had to touch any. all my friends have had various different brands and all had to mess with them in one way or another. the fox just works and continue to work regardless of temperature or conditions.

i wouldnt hesitate to buy another one and they seem to be going for under $200 used if you wanted to go that route. i got mine for $150 last winter off ebay.

Wolfjon

I have the fox on my bike for 2 years with no issues. My son is running a KS Lev on his bike we picked up used and other then more frequent cable adjustments it also works I just find it not as smooth as the Fox..I wouldn’t hesitate to buy either one a second time.

Top Bottom