fox grip damper rebuild

cbiker

Anyone ever change the oil in the cartridge. How important is it to threadlock the topcap to the top of the cartridge on the damper i put threadlock on it but when i put the top of the damper on oil ran down the threads and washed it away. I guess the key is to do it more slowly and remove the oil from the top as you push it back into the damper. I got it up to torque tho so figure its ok at least for a while. Also anyone know a good way to clamp down the damper without buying the tool from fox i made some out of wood and they worked ok but were still slipping?

Karate Monkey

Anyone ever change the oil in the cartridge. How important is it to threadlock the topcap to the top of the cartridge on the damper i put threadlock on it but when i put the top of the damper on oil ran down the threads and washed it away. I guess the key is to do it more slowly and remove the oil from the top as you push it back into the damper. I got it up to torque tho so figure its ok at least for a while. Also anyone know a good way to clamp down the damper without buying the tool from fox i made some out of wood and they worked ok but were still slipping?

Use the solid stick form of loctite. Sold in a big chapstick container.

Top Bottom