Fox Float X2 not holding air

Andypowerful

I bought a 2020 Fox Factory Float X2 brand new from a shop in Wisconsin back in February. After mounting it and filling to a 30% sag which for me is about 220lbs, the next day without riding it went down to 120lbs. I contacted Fox and they gave me a warranty return and service. They turned it around in like 5 days. I just had it remounted and I’m having the same issue. I filled before a ride to 220 and after 1 hour it was already down to 180. If I leave it overnight I know it will be down to 85lbs in the morning. Is this normal or did I get a dud? I see some issues with 2020 X2 shocks searching the web. I sent Fox an email so I’ll see what they say on Monday but I was curious if anyone had similar issues.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are you filling it to 220 from zero without cycling it ? For air shocks I like to cycle it every 40 psi or so . It may just be the chambers equalizing witch will drop psi pretty significantly. If it continues to loose air then yea something is wrong

Karate Monkey

220-180 sounds pretty normal if you didn't equalize the chambers...but inflate the shock and spray down the entire thing with soapy water. Leave the valve cap off.

Andypowerful

I just refilled it again from 120 to 220 stopping after every 40lbs and compressing the shock. Reset all my rebound settings. I’ll check it in the morning. I’ll try the soapy water spray tomorrow.

serviceguy

I believe one specific year of that model had an issue with the stanchion cap. Which Fox did not warranties. I have one to go on my fugitive that I purchase and I dread installing it…but most likely and hopefully is just the negative chamber not being equalized while adding pressure.

Andypowerful

Lost 100lbs overnight. Refilled went to Sterling for trail building. Had to refill to ride out. I’ll see what Fox has to say tomorrow.

Karate Monkey

Lost 100lbs overnight. Refilled went to Sterling for trail building. Had to refill to ride out. I’ll see what Fox has to say tomorrow.

Andy, I would get a local trusted shop to call Fox. Right or wrong, they're usually pretty slow to believe air loss from customers, who may or may not understand how to connect pumps/what to use to do it.

Worst comes to worst, if this is on a new bike, get the manufacturer involved. You may have more luck on that front.

xrjx

@Andypowerful hey how did this end up resolving? I am experiencing the same issue.. haven't sent back to Fox yet but would be good to know what they did so I don't end up getting it back with the same problem like you initially did

Andypowerful

@Andypowerful hey how did this end up resolving? I am experiencing the same issue.. haven't sent back to Fox yet but would be good to know what they did so I don't end up getting it back with the same problem like you initially did
I ended up sending it back to Fox a second time. They replaced almost everything on it including the air can and valve. It’s been good ever since. It was warranty service so they did it quickly.

Top Bottom