fox float rp23 du bushing replacement

ericrb76

Greetings mtbNJ,

I have an older Yeti ASR-5C with a Fox Float RP23 rear shock. The lower pressed in bushing is shot and needs to be replaced. I Googled the title of this thread "fox float rp23 du bushing" and get numerous results. Unfortunately Google isn't what it used to be and drives you towards sponsored vendors and not necessarily the specific content you are looking for.

Any idea where I can get a replacement lower bushing for this shock? I can't find the specifics stating that this one will work.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have 3 FS bikes with fox shoxs so I feel like i have to do this at least once a month...so i just bought one of these tools....works for me
https://www.amazon.com/RockShox-Herramienta-choque-trasero-pulgadas/dp/B0055445KW/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1DIIMTO9AXIO2&dchild=1&keywords=du+bushing+tool&qid=1592332442&sprefix=du+bushing,aps,137&sr=8-2
That's cheating. An old C-clamp and some small metric sockets is how real men do it!
(as I follow the link and buy the tool for only $17 bucks...)

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I do recommend these:

I put that on my bike, went out for a ride, bike felt like absolute garbage bouncing around until I added another 10-15psi to the rear.

Huge difference in small bump compliance once I sorted out the air pressure. Haven't worn it out yet either. Just ordered one for the wife's bike the other day.

w_b

As I recall Fox sells them, cheap. Shipping makes up the bulk of the cost. Measure carefully!

ericrb76

Well bike is back together and the rear shock is working as it should. Will definitely consider the bearing upgrade but happy to be trail ready again.

Great resource here, thank you everyone!

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Probably the best upgrade to any FS bike.
I do recommend these:

Since nobody can get bikes, I suggest you all replace your bearing with these. I replaced mine and the result was amazing.

And just buy the tools, it will save you time.

Karate Monkey

Since nobody can get bikes, I suggest you all replace your bearing with these. I replaced mine and the result was amazing.

And just buy the tools, it will save you time.
Agree. I have a coil, so it has help, but the bike travels under it's own weight now.

Frank

Sasquatch
Another plus for Enduro needle bag kits, they make the suspension feel so smooth.

edit: their brg kits are good too. 😂

Last edited:
Top Bottom