Fox DPS EVOL Broken Damper Shaft

Citytrikeguy

Riding Six Mile yesterday and toward the end of the ride I heard what sounded like a LARGE rock striking my down tube. I finish the ride put my bike on the rack only to discover my water bottle soaked in oil.

The inter webs tell be that breaking the Damper shaft is more common on the fox shocks than you would think. Why would fox put something to market that has such a flaw? Anyone on this forum have the same experience?

The good news is that the part is somewhere in the neighborhood of $15. The bad is that it’s only replaceable if you do a $150 Full service which I wasn’t due for yet. I was hoping to get another 50hrs before sending it in.

Has Fox quality fallen off lately?

Attachments

• 9CA93949-C6BD-4E49-A33D-C4CB94F7890E.jpeg
    9CA93949-C6BD-4E49-A33D-C4CB94F7890E.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 11
  • 49CF96BA-AFEE-4FE3-B094-16775634B90A.jpeg
    49CF96BA-AFEE-4FE3-B094-16775634B90A.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 11

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Riding Six Mile yesterday and toward the end of the ride I heard what sounded like a LARGE rock striking my down tube. I finish the ride put my bike on the rack only to discover my water bottle soaked in oil.

The inter webs tell be that breaking the Damper shaft is more common on the fox shocks than you would think. Why would fox put something to market that has such a flaw? Anyone on this forum have the same experience?

The good news is that the part is somewhere in the neighborhood of $15. The bad is that it’s only replaceable if you do a $150 Full service which I wasn’t due for yet. I was hoping to get another 50hrs before sending it in.

Has Fox quality fallen off lately?
Yes, a few people on here have experienced it. Reach out to gear works about cost to fix.

Top Bottom