(FOUND ONE THANKS) WTB: Tag-a-long / Trail-a-bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blk06CompIRL

My kiddo is out growing the MacRide Seat (4yr old ,50lbs, 43 inches) and i am looking for a Tag-a-long / Trail-a-bike ( what ever you wanna call it ) the kids bike that attaches to an adult bike that they can pedal on while we do longer rail trails/ that can handle bouncing around at stephens, dick mine and the like.

Blk06CompIRL

I might have what you're looking for. I have a 12 inch bike and a trail gator. $40 for the bike and $40 for the trail gator. Obo. https://smile.amazon.com/Trail-Gato...=1&keywords=trail+gator&qid=1613110062&sr=8-3

View attachment 151581View attachment 151582View attachment 151583
Well that's interesting 🤔, noy an option i have thought about. I have plenty of kids bikes so maybe just the arm. Any opinions or reviews on it? Would you trust it on an actual trail?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I know jay posted this already but marty's randolph has this guy for 100. It's 20 inches, I got the white one behind it which my son is a little small for but it has enough adjustment to make it work, the blue one didn't have as much flexibility.

Attachments

• PXL_20210206_164426238.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210206_164426238.MP.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 9

Blk06CompIRL

I know jay posted this already but marty's randolph has this guy for 100. It's 20 inches, I got the white one behind it which my son is a little small for but it has enough adjustment to make it work, the blue one didn't have as much flexibility.
Dope, i was going to call martys today as wasn't sure if it was Randolph or morristown location. Will see if they still ave it , super local to me

Fire Lord Jim

The trailer arm is nice in that the kid can ride solo and when he is done, you attach the arm & tow him out.
The Bike Exchange has several folding trail-a-bikes for under $40 each. What is your seatpost diameter?

Blk06CompIRL

The trailer arm is nice in that the kid can ride solo and when he is done, you attach the arm & tow him out.
The Bike Exchange has several folding trail-a-bikes for under $40 each. What is your seatpost diameter?
Yeah i watched a few vids on it as just the arm seems to wabble a lot. Kiddo is still learning to ride the bike so may not be best option. No idea what the bike exchange is.. guess I'll google it.. seat post diameter on which bike 🤔🤣🤣. I go from 27.2 , 30.9 and 31.6.

Big Al

Well that's interesting 🤔, noy an option i have thought about. I have plenty of kids bikes so maybe just the arm. Any opinions or reviews on it? Would you trust it on an actual trail?
My review is that it works really well. I like how it can be used as a tandem and also an individual bike. We never took it on any heavy duty trails so I can't speak to that but I think they're both well built.

Fire Lord Jim

Yeah i watched a few vids on it as just the arm seems to wabble a lot. Kiddo is still learning to ride the bike so may not be best option. No idea what the bike exchange is.. guess I'll google it.. seat post diameter on which bike 🤔🤣🤣. I go from 27.2 , 30.9 and 31.6.
Typically trail-a-bikes clamp to the seatpost. Most use a nylon shim sized to seatpost diameter. Other brute force clamp to the seatpost. We have both styles.

https://www.bgcmercer.org/bgc-bike-exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom