Forum Built-in Search switched BACK ON.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hi All -

Our ISP is transitioning to new hardware - i'm hoping this helps with the time issue - but not holding my breath.
My gut is that the content delivery system is the culprit. Anywho

The migration comes with some data limits which the site exceeds.
The C-Suite is meeting with the IT team (on the yacht) for a long term solution,
so here i am dealing with the short term.

The built-in search function has been disabled - which met one of the limitations in DB size.

I'd recommend site specific searching on google for now - Will attempt to create a link from the usual spot.

As an example:

1666954109032.png

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Hi All -

Our ISP is transitioning to new hardware - i'm hoping this helps with the time issue - but not holding my breath.
My gut is that the content delivery system is the culprit. Anywho

The migration comes with some data limits which the site exceeds.
The C-Suite is meeting with the IT team (on the yacht) for a long term solution,
so here i am dealing with the short term.

The built-in search function has been disabled - which met one of the limitations in DB size.

I'd recommend site specific searching on google for now - Will attempt to create a link from the usual spot.

As an example:

View attachment 199152
No big loss as the search functionality was horrible at best. Always just use google to find some ancient thread anyways

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As long as we keep posting cat pics in that thread, it'll remain on the front page and I won't have to search for it...

C'mon crazy cat people! I can't do this alone!

😻

The Kalmyk

No big loss as the search functionality was horrible at best. Always just use google to find some ancient thread anyways

Chicken dinner

Pat- how does this work? Do you guys buy licenses through an agreement to run the forum?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
200.gif

Patrick

Staff member

Patrick

Staff member
Well - for a short period of time - the first 300,000 posts to this forum have been moved to a temporary location.
I don't know what this will break, but I can't get the provider to upgrade our storage before migrating to the new platform.
they suck - but they are a least-cost provider.

iman29

Well - for a short period of time - the first 300,000 posts to this forum have been moved to a temporary location.
I don't know what this will break, but I can't get the provider to upgrade our storage before migrating to the new platform.
they suck - but they are a least-cost provider.
Is this why I am getting this error

Post your BooBoos blog:

5ABE3A85-13C7-47DD-AC07-99BB84A95B7F.png

ekuhn

When looking for my own content, I got this error. Not sure if its tied to the missing search function. Using google technique to search for my posts proved helpless. @Patrick

1669645017935.png

Top Bottom