fork opinions

Cha1985

I'm looking into a new bike 2014 specialized evo stumpy, and I'm in the middle right now between a rockshox solo air, and a 2015 fox float 34mm, what do you guys think! I've always rode fox forks on all my bikes but I've been hearing great reviews about the new rockshox, so I'm not sure..... any input would be great...

greeek32

If you're building the bike up yourself you can get new take-off 2014 fox 34 floats for cheeeeep and they're the same as the 2015 34s (34 got its remake for 2014) but make sure you get the factory series (kashima coat) and not the evolution series (those suck). They're cheep because everyone is stripping them off brand new bikes to swap them out for the pike which is definitely a better fork if you've got the cash.

Cha1985

im not worried about the money part, I'm just trying to find out what people think of the Pike compared to the fox float. i love fox forks and shocks, i haven't heard any issues with the Pike yet but i don't want to get it and have it take a shit on me

ninja4life

The new Pike is amazing, Pair that up with Cane Creek DBair. If you do buy the Fox get two of them and throw them both out.lol

greeek32

Has anyone ever been happy with a rockshox fork? So shitty
Everyone I know with a pike loves it.

I just put a manitou mattoc on my SC Solo and that thing is freaking awesome. Granted I only have about 35 miles on it so I have no idea about longevity. So that's also an option but no one knows much about them since they're new.

Xfusion also has some nice forks.

Cha1985

I'm actually keeping my fox 36 float for my new bike, it still works great AND I've never had problems with it..... maybe in the future ill try the pike but until then its fox all the wAY....

Top Bottom