Fork Crown Race Removal Tool

onetracker

Anyone have a Fork Crown Race Removal Tool that I can borrow for 10 minutes near Allendale NJ (or near a park in the North or West: Rwood, Wayway, Mooch, MD)? Cheers!

Mr.Moto

I have a cheap bearing separator you can try. I've used it a few time on crown races, but it's not the perfect tool. May gouge it a little if your not careful.

Mr.Moto

BC487C23-583D-4D2D-A1DB-7F5D230CB13F.jpeg

onetracker

I do not know which of you lunatics to answer. Trust me, I fiddled with a screwdriver but the fork crown protrudes too much.

The correct tool is this (which I do not have and do not feel like hassling any of my friends who own bike shops due to their current predicament):

1EE0469D-DC56-4C0D-A77D-E409356874A2.png

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
I do not know which of you lunatics to answer. Trust me, I fiddled with a screwdriver but the fork crown protrudes too much.

The correct tool is this (which I do not have and do not feel like hassling any of my friends who own bike shops due to their current predicament):

View attachment 135505

I just want to see the crown to make a better suggestion, I'd try tick get it with a pick, if I'm not reusing I'd use a nail punch to ding it and catch on with a flathead

Dingo

I use a gasket scrapper instead of screw drivers. the sharp edge get in the tightest spot. Plus crown races are not a very tight press fit.

Also works great on automotive seals used on transmissions/engines/bearings.

If you think this won't grab the race neither will a bearing puller.

scrapper.jpg
scrapper 2.jpg

Top Bottom