Forerunner 50

Glancing Aft

This looks rather promising,
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=142&pID=10527

I currently use a Garmin Map 60cs, which is great because it has a full fledged maping software. It's great for longer bike rides and for use in the car, also has an altimeter and digital compass. But it really isn't great for training purposes. I've wanted to get an edge for some time but I really can't justify the price for the 305 since I already own a GPS. So this seems like it will be perfect for me since I can get the HR monitor and cadence sensor accessories for a unit with the base price only being $100.

Glancing Aft

I got ahead of myself there, it's not even a GPS... lame waste of money... Forget all that I said, I'm saving my money for an edge 305.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No you're right, it doesn't support them.

If I'm in your shoes I just go a buy an HRM from Polar and maybe a cadence sensor somewhere else. I guess a lot of people like to have stuff integrated. Personally I don't, because when 1 item breaks they all break.

S

Stan LeCupp

The $75 rebate works with any edge or forerunner 305 configuration purchased before November 30th. www.geomangear.com has great prices and service too.

Glancing Aft

I think I'll be picking up the 305 soon with this offer! Unless anyone has heard about the next generation of the edge coming out sometime withing the next 6 months?

G

GeoMan

I think I'll be picking up the 305 soon with this offer! Unless anyone has heard about the next generation of the edge coming out sometime withing the next 6 months?

We get asked this all the time, "when's the Edge 405 coming out?".

The first time we heard the Edge 405 rumor was in May of 2006 on the MTBR boards only about 3 or 4 months after Garmin started really selling the Edge 305...

Frankly, I've called all the large distributors/warehouses in the US and none have any advance word on any Edge 305 update. Can't say it won't happen (it will - someday) but nobody knows a thing about it. Garmin has constantly upgraded the firmware on the Edge and it keeps getting better and better.

Some have implied that the Edge $75 rebate indicates a new model. Last year Garmin offered a rebate on the Forerunner 305 and that model has yet to be replaced. For awhile they offered a rebate on the 60CSx and that model continues to be one of their mainstays.

The one thing I will say is that I'm glad I didn't wait! I've got thousands of miles and several hundred rides on my Edge now. I can't leave on a ride without it. You get hooked on the little rascals. BTW, we didn't sell the Garmin Edge before I personally owned one and had a chance to test it out... Now we've sold somewhere between 4,500 and 5,000 of them.

Ride on!

pinkshirtphotos

a gps is grand but is only so accurate. i have a garmin adventure something or other. and ive tried mapping out trails at diablo. lets just say depending on the time of day it doesn't go over to well. i really dont trust them.

T

tlnj

Forerunner 205

I basically got it so I won't get lost. I also want to have fun looking at the data. Is this a good buy for a first GPS? Keep in mind I'll use it for trail runs, too.

Top Bottom