For the old, rich white men…very good listen

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
So how long can the fed bring out the "tools they need" to fight inflation? Really surprised the dems aren't trying to save face here. It looks to me like a big loss in many IRAs is coming...

THATmanMANNY

I am not qualified to listen but The way I understand it you have to raise rates to slow inflation. IMP I don’t see signs of a recession. Housing market still hot, people spending money on everything and everywhere, life as we know it. When everyone and their mother predicts the doom and gloom you know they aren’t right. If it was that easy we would all be all be rich as fuck.

*loss if you sell

And if you are old well.. your investment strategy shouldn’t be 100% stocks like you were in your 30s. I don’t want to even know how much my retired father in law has lost trying to get out and get back in.

Last edited:

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am not qualified to listen but The way I understand it you have to raise rates to slow inflation. IMP I don’t see signs of a recession. Housing market still hot, people spending money on everything and everywhere, life as we know it. When everyone and their mother predicts the doom and gloom you know they aren’t right. If it was that easy we would all be all be rich as fuck.

*loss of you sell

And if you are old well.. your investment strategy shouldn’t be 100% stocks like you were in your 30s. I don’t want to even know how much my retired father in law has lost trying to get out and get back in.
While I would have agreed a little while ago, I'm watching a ton of major companies struggling that I work with right now, all due to supply chain issues. Major companies ready to lay off staff as they just plain can't sell products and don't see this getting better in the near future.

THATmanMANNY

^^^ I don’t have that exposure but good point but if that was the case I hope they can find other jobs within the 11+ million openings, highest in history. If it means just making a paycheck I hope they can find an acceptable alternative. OR they can just take the unemployment for a year and enjoy. Wish I had a crystal ball.

Real talk though, I see people posting their grocery bills are like $800 per week, FOR TWO ADULTS. WTF are these people buying. Sure some are buying the $100 pieces of meat but WWWHHHYYY?! IDIOTIC! Change and adapt. Anyways their $800 bill isn’t necessarily because of inflation just dumb purchasing decisions. I would say our normal weekly grocery bill has like increased $20-40? (20% maybe) but not 70% like the example above.

Edit, China is being very stubborn with their zero covid policy. Covid is here to stay FOREVER. Also, they are playing favorites who gets to open shop in lockdown areas.

Last edited:

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
^^^ I don’t have that exposure but good point but if that was the case I hope they can find other jobs within the 11+ million openings, highest in history. If it means just making a paycheck I hope they can find an acceptable alternative. OR they can just take the unemployment for a year and enjoy. Wish I had a crystal ball.

Real talk though, I see people posting their grocery bills are like $800 per week, FOR TWO ADULTS. WTF are these people buying. Sure some are buying the $100 pieces of meat but WWWHHHYYY?! IDIOTIC! Change and adapt. Anyways their $800 bill isn’t necessarily because of inflation just dumb purchasing decisions. I would say our normal weekly grocery bill has like increased $20-40? (20% maybe) but not 70% like the example above.
Lots of job openings, but it can be a snowball effect. Those openings can dry up when the easy money is not there for the hiring companies. $$ is being pulled out of the system due to higher interest rates, lower fed bank purchases and a huge amount of inflation. Our money is going into shipping costs and fuel costs so there will be less for other items.

Lots of great jobs are out there, and lots of shitty jobs, but not necessarily the positions for the people who get laid off.

THATmanMANNY

I understand. My key words are alternative and adapt. Or the new hotness, “pivot”. I’m just bantering with you cause I’m bored.

Remember when fuel prices went up in 2012 and UPS and airlines charged fuel surcharges. Then fuel came back down and guess what those companies and all didn’t go back to charging less. They just maintained the same cost and has gone up. Well, when companies see an opp to grab more money they aren’t going to let it go. More costs for everything will stay. It’s the new norm. It has just been exacerbated by covid, supply chain, and WAR (all unpredictable)

Last edited:

JDurk

While I would have agreed a little while ago, I'm watching a ton of major companies struggling that I work with right now, all due to supply chain issues. Major companies ready to lay off staff as they just plain can't sell products and don't see this getting better in the near future.
We use a lot of hydraulic components: motors, pumps, cylinders, and valves for the operating of the bulk trucks we build. We have 3 trucks currently undeliverable because we're waiting for some of the components mentioned that were ordered 6-8 months ago. And, we're getting lead times of 42 weeks for newer part requirements. Or if they are available, prices are up 30-50%.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
We use a lot of hydraulic components: motors, pumps, cylinders, and valves for the operating of the bulk trucks we build. We have 3 trucks currently undeliverable because we're waiting for some of the components mentioned that were ordered 6-8 months ago. And, we're getting lead times of 42 weeks for newer part requirements. Or if they are available, prices are up 30-50%.
Basically the same. Which means there's a huge outlay of cash in material and labor that can't be billed out for a long long time.

JDurk

Basically the same. Which means there's a huge outlay of cash in material and labor that can't be billed out for a long long time.
Yep, but luckily, the other 3 currently in process have been paid in full because the customer wanted them in their '21 budget.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do

*loss if you sell

Ahhh…. How does the rising dollar affect inflation? Maybe we don’t need to raise rates.

Top Bottom